Xometry Announces a New Version of Quoting Add-In for SOLIDWORKS
By Elizabeth Branton · June 16, 2017
Quoting with Xometry Add-In is now faster than ever. We have broadened our integration with SOLIDWORKS and can now detect more about your design for a better quoting experience, all within one CAD workspace.
- Faster performance to price your design without leaving SOLIDWORKS
- Improved user interface helps on manufacturability feedback
- Transparent and instant lead time estimation
- Select from our wide range of processes including 3D Printing, Sheet Metal, and CNC Milling with over 200 materials
- Enhanced integration with SOLIDWORKS to detect threads, tolerances, surface roughness, and part material
- Added material matching to multi-part quoting functionality
- Save time working in one integrated CAD workspace
- Adjust part based on manufacturability analysis to avoid potential fabrication issues
- Insight into pricing, lead-times, and manufacturability impacts for materials and processes
- Re-quote directly in SOLIDWORKS to explore design iterations
- Access our manufacturability resources, guidelines and knowledge base.
- Download and install the Add-In from xometry.com/solidworks-add-in.
- Open the Add-In inside the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane, and log in using your Xometry account or quickly create a new account.
- Open up a part or create a new one, then click on “Add Part to Quote” to get an instant quote with a price and lead time.
- Review the provided manufacturability feedback and modify your design if needed.
- Choose from over 200 materials, or narrow down the materials list by selecting from 8 manufacturing processes.
- Specify any special features like tolerances, threads, inserts, roughnesses, or weld joints for your part.
- Select your surface finish.
- Add notes and attach any drawings, sketches, or documents to clarify requirements for your custom part.
- Add and quote additional parts as relevant.
- Review your quote and order with one click! You will have a chance to review your order again at checkout.
Xometry offers instant pricing for manufacturing, including precision CNC Machining, 3D Printing, Sheet Metal Fabrication, and Urethane Casting services. Xometry also provides live engineering support from our team of experts.