What’s New in SOLIDWORKS MBD 2017
Does your 2D drawing on the shop floor match your 3D models? Can you easily communicate your designs and products with the manufacturing team, service team, suppliers, dealers, and customers? If you are simply not satisfied with either of your answers to these questions, then maybe it is time to look at going paperless! And this is where SOLIDWORKS MBD 2017 can help!
SOLIDWORKS MBD is a great solution to help manufacturers create and distribute critical design information directly in the model rather than via 2D drawings. SOLIDWORKS MBD is an integrated drawing-less manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS 3D design software. SOLIDWORKS MBD guides the manufacturing process directly in your 3D environment. Removing the tedious task of creating 2D drawings.
You can define, organize, and publish 3D PMI, including 3D model data, in industry-standard file formats (such as SOLIDWORKS files, eDrawings®, 3D PDF, and STEP 242) right from your SOLIDWORKS Interface.
SOLIDWORKS MDB PDF Output-
SOLIDWORKS MBD 2017 New Enhancements
SOLIDWORKS MBD 2017 introduces many new enhancements to Model Based Definition that help quickly and accurately communicate critical product information throughout downstream manufacturing operations.
Here are some of the New features:
- Basic dimensions for features of size and fully automated Polar Dimensioning Schemes.
- Much more intuitive dimensioning process by allowing direct referencing of edges.
- Accurately dimension cast or molded parts to easily create intersection geometry between drafted surfaces.
- Publish 3D PDFs at different accuracy levels, giving you control over file size and quality.
- Attach any other file to the PDF, including automatic creation of STEP 242 files for direct manufacturing.
- Interrogate dimension and tolerance changes and produce a concise report to help eliminate interpretation errors.
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Resources
Access our resources page to get everything you need to learn what’s new in SOLIDWORKS 2017; including tech tips, demonstrations, and upcoming product webinars.