WaterGEMS, WaterCAD, and HAMMER Advance Modeling and Reporting Processes for Water Utilities
Bentley Systems announces the availability of the CONNECT Editions of WaterGEMS, WaterCAD, and HAMMER, applications used for the analysis and design of water networks. These new releases streamline specific modeling tasks and make users more productive so they can focus more on the engineering decision-making process.
Key new capabilities allow users to:
• Create and manage customized reports that automatically combine graphs, data tables, color-coded and annotated plan views, and more into a single report;
• Access tools quickly through a modernized ribbon-based user interface with built-in search to find commands more easily;
• Create AVI movies of model animations to share with others;
• Integrate with AssetWise Operational Analytics, Bentley’s tool for real-time predictive and operational analytics, for decision support;
• Run historical simulations using actual operation of pump and valve controls based on SCADA system records;
• Model turbines for energy and revenue generation;
• Include service laterals in hydraulic analysis, facilitating automatic customer load assignment.
From water loss investigations to fire protection studies, from understanding and preventing transient issues to ensuring water quality, and from energy management to emergency response, WaterGEMS, WaterCAD, and HAMMER cover every aspect of water infrastructure management.
Gregg Herrin, P.E., director of product management, Bentley Systems, said, “The CONNECT Edition releases of WaterGEMS, WaterCAD, and HAMMER continue to empower water system planners, designers, and managers with fit-for-purpose analytical and asset-performance modeling tools. With this release, the ability to automatically generate reports that combine maps, graphs, tables, and more makes it much faster for a water professional to synthetize modeling results and present them clearly to all project stakeholders. Combined with extended modeling capabilities, utilities can more easily understand their system behavior and make better-informed decisions, while reducing project time and costs.”
About WaterGEMS and WaterCAD
Engineers at utilities, municipalities, and civil engineering firms use WaterGEMS and WaterCAD for the analysis and design of water distribution systems, from automated fire flow, water quality, criticality and flushing studies to energy cost analysis, pipe renewal optimization, and genetic algorithm optimization modules for automating pipe design, calibration, water loss detection, and pump scheduling. WaterCAD is a subset of WaterGEMS.
HAMMER helps engineers determine appropriate surge control strategies and reduce transients. It uses the Method of Characteristics, the benchmark standard for hydraulic transient analyses. Engineers can run both transient and steady-state (for initial condition calculation) analyses in HAMMER, and choose to use it as a stand-alone product or use it along with WaterCAD or WaterGEMS.