Vero Releases WorkXplore 2017 R2
GLOUCESTERSHIRE, UK, Aug 10, 2017 – Vero Software announces the release of WorkXplore 2017 R2. The new capabilities in the 2017 R2 edition of WorkXplore maintaining the powerful high speed CAD viewer and analyser’s long tradition of updating format support and new enhancements.
Icons and Graphics Refurbishing
- This WorkXplore version presents a brand-new icon style common to all VERO products.
- In addition, the right-hand side toolbar has been replaced by a quick access menu (HUD) located in the upper-left corner of the 3D view.
- This menu contains all the functionalities that were available in the toolbar that, by default, has been removed.
PCDMIS File Import/Export
- WorkXplore is now able to read and write CAD files of PCDMIS. This will offer it as a collaboration tool between the VISI and PCDMIS packages.
Edgecam Part File Import
- The reading of Edgecam models includes the solids, fixtures, stock and machine graphics from an Edgecam part file. This possibility gives Edgecam customers the ability to annotate for machine setup sheets.
Native File Preview
- WorkXplore has now the possibility to preview the models before their import. This could be very useful when loading big size parts or just some components of an assembly.
- When an assembly node is clicked in the WorkXplore import window, whenever available, some information about it (preview image, file path, size) is displayed.
- Picture previews are almost always available with CATIA V5 and SolidWorks but also other formats such as NX can provide a picture preview.
3D SpaceMouse Integration
- 3Dconnection’s family of SpaceMouse products provides a comfortable and natural way to interact with the digital content of WorkXplore making it easier to focus on your design.
OpenGL Mode Analysis
- WorkXplore uses two rendering modes of the OpenGL library which have a different behaviour in terms of performance when processing big data. Clearly, these performances also depend on the computer configuration, especially the graphic card.
Object Visibility Pre-sets
- It is now possible to create object visibility preset with the function available in the assembly panel.
- The dynamic section toolbar layout has been changed to make it clearer and more compact.
- A new behavior has been introduced concerning the section filling. When a picking is done while the section is active (for example a point creation), it is not possible to pick something hidden by the section if it is drawn opaquely. Nevertheless, if the section is drawn in transparent, it is possible to pick what is visible.
Properties/Group Properties Multi-selection
- It is now possible to select several nodes in the assembly tree to display and save their properties.
Creation of Line Perpendicular to a Surface
- The function is accessible from the Create Lines menu.
Creation of Line Tangent to Curve
- This new function allows the user to select a point on a curve and then create a line oriented from the tangent of this curve. The function is accessible from the Create Lines menu
Curve Tangency Measure
- This feature allows to measure the tangency difference between two curves that join on the same point.
Plane Hole Patch Enhancements
- The function is still available from the Create Faces toolbar.
- There are now two ways to create patches: Edge selection and Face selection.
- This release continues WXP’s long tradition of bringing updated format support and continued enhancements and fixes to further improve the robustness and performance of interoperability.
About Vero Software
Headquartered in England, Vero Software designs, develops, and supplies CAD/CAM/CAE software radically enhancing the efficiency of design and manufacturing processes, providing its customers with exceptional value through high productivity gains and significantly reducing time to market.
The company’s world-renowned brands include Alphacam, Cabinet Vision, Edgecam, Machining STRATEGIST, PEPS, Radan, SMIRT, Surfcam, WorkNC and VISI, along with the production control MRP system Javelin. Despite the diversity of application, these solutions have one thing in common: they all address the rising challenges of achieving manufacturing efficiencies and bring huge value to the operations in which they are deployed.
Vero has direct offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Japan, USA, Brazil, Netherlands, China, South Korea, Spain and India supplying products to more than 45 countries through its wholly owned subsidiaries and reseller network.
Vero is part of Hexagon (Nordic exchange: HEXA B), a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications. For more information, visit www.verosoftware.com.