Trimble Clarity Now Available as Web Application for Point Clouds, 3D Models
SUNNYVALE, CA, USA, Nov 12, 2019 – Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced that Trimble Clarity is available as a stand-alone web application that simplifies the visualization and navigation of 3D data. With this major update, Trimble Clarity enables geospatial professionals to view, use and share 3D point cloud data, models and meshes with engineers, architects, city planners and other project stakeholders via a web browser, which can be viewed on desktop and mobile devices.
The Trimble Clarity web application provides:
- 3D Data Sharing
The ability to easily use and share 3D data with clients or project stakeholders extends the value of rich 3D data, promotes services and generates new revenue streams. Users can generate private or public web links to share project information, providing secure control over access to the data.
- Support for Industry Standard Data Formats
Trimble Clarity supports data from Trimble products, such as the Trimble SX10 Scanning Total Station, Trimble TX Series 3D scanners and Trimble MX9 Mobile Mapping System, as well as data from non-Trimble sources, making it useful for any organization that captures 3D data.
- Seamless Integration with Trimble Workflows
With the upcoming version of Trimble Business Center office software 5.20, users can publish their 3D data directly into Trimble Clarity, creating a seamless integration and workflow between both platforms.
- Visual Directory By viewing the 3D data as a location-based project, users are able to more quickly understand the context of the data, significantly improving the ease of use compared to traditional folder-based approaches.
“Trimble Clarity enables users to easily share and view rich 3D point clouds without having to transfer, copy or mail large data sets,” said Tim Lemmon, marketing director of Trimble Geospatial. “By leveraging an intuitive, browser-based experience, stakeholders can easily visualize and understand project data, enabling greater collaboration and informed decision making.”
In addition, Trimble Clarity now features:
- Cloud integration including Trimble Connect, Dropbox and Google Drive so users can easily log in and view data directly from where it is already stored
- Support for 3D point cloud, imagery and mesh model formats, including: .
- Free use for two projects. Subscription plans are available for organizations that need to view more than two projects.
For more information on Trimble Clarity, visit: https://clarity.trimble.com. Trimble Business Center version 5.20 is expected to be available in November.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com.