Theorem Releases NX to 3D PDF Publisher v21.2
TAMWORTH, UK, Oct 17, 2018 – Theorem Solutions is pleased to announce the release of its NX to 3D PDF product from the Publish 3D range enabling the publishing of 3D NX data directly from within the NX design application into the interactive 3D PDF format.
V21.2 supports NX 10, 11 and 12 and has a number of new and improved product features and enhancements.
3D PDF has many use cases and opens access to CAD and Visualization data that was previously only accessible to engineers and designers:
- Inspection Reports for Quality and Inspection Departments
- Works Instructions for Manufacturing Departments
- Request for Quotation for Purchasing Departments
- Engineering Change Request for Engineering Departments
- Bill of Materials (BOM) for Manufacturing Departments
Enhancements in V21.2:
- Enhanced default processing that creates an optimized PDF which keeps the file size as compact as possible, making file sharing and storage easier
- Extended character set support which allows UTF8 characters to be exported in all property fields of the PDF output, enabling users of non-standard character sets to use their data in PDF.
- Support for the reading of “expression” data as attributes from NX allows users to include expression data in downstream PDF fields.
- Enhanced PMI flipping capability when PMI is associated with more than one view
- Ability to add images into tables, enabling a more customized and visually appealing template for the end user.
- When creating a new template, all images can be saved to a single directory and one command used to import them all, rather than having to import each individual image.
The Publish 3D product supports the publishing of Model Based Definition (MBD) data, 3D annotations (PMI) and model views from NX into the 3D PDF format. It offers greater levels of Intellectual Property (IP) protection with support for Document Rights Management (DRM) ranging from separate passwords to control the 3D PDF output, to full integration with DRM systems.
The inclusion of our Unified Interface (UI) with our Publish 3D On Demand product provides the opportunity for multiple PDF publishing from a single data source. Theorem’s UI helps the development and streamlining of translation and downstream processes by allowing engineering data to be filtered, viewed, interrogated, manipulated and translated interactively or in batches with the ability to publish user-specific documentation.
Anybody with access to the freely available Adobe Reader, either on a PC, tablet or smartphone can access the interactive 3D data and are able to view, mark up and interrogate the document without the use of specialist CAD software.
As 3D PDF is an ISO standard (ISO 24517-1 (PDF/E), the technology can be easily integrated and can effectively become the protocol for easy, seamless document creation and communication.
Our strategic partnership with Siemens ensures that there is a parallel development between the latest releases of NX, and Theorem’s Publish 3D products, allowing us to continue to provide publishing solutions to the NX community.
For more information visit www.theorem.com