Tecplot 360 2020 R2 Released for CFD
BELLEVUE, WA, USA, Dec 15, 2020 – Tecplot, Inc. has announced the general availability of Tecplot 360 2020 Release 2.
Tecplot 360 2020 R2 represents our commitment to helping engineers and scientists analyze their results quickly and easily. The reintroduction of Tecplot Chorus ensures that you’re able to understand your simulated results on the whole rather than just as individual cases. We’ve also improved the speed of variable calculations, in some cases up to 6x faster, as well as making Tecplot 360 compatible with additional file formats.
The ability to reference variables by name makes layouts, stylesheets, and macros more flexible, easier to read, and more applicable to other, similar, datasets.
Finally, the ability to split zones that have distinct connected regions makes it easier to isolate data for which you need quantifiable results. For example, an exhaust manifold may have four distinct outlets, this new feature allows you to easily split those outlets into individual zones to compute quantities like averages and mass flow rates to ensure balanced flow.
What’s new in Tecplot 360 2020 R2
- Tecplot Chorus – Chorus returns with support for 4k monitors and newer operating systems.
- Faster variable calculations – Variables calculated under the Analyze>Calculate Variables menu are now multi-threaded, providing up to 6x faster variable calculations.
- CGNS 4 file support – The CGNS loader is now built against CGNS 4.1.2. CGNS 4 added capabilities which allow for faster parallel write of polyhedral data.
- Exodus II file support – Tecplot 360 now offers a new data loader for the Exodus II file format.
- Ability to split a zone into distinct connected regions – A new function has been added to PyTecplot and the Tecplot 360 macro language to create new zones from isolated regions in one or more finite element zones.
- Reference variables by name – Tecplot 360 can now save variables by name in macros, layouts, and stylesheets and use names when loading data and retaining the existing style.
Download Tecplot 360
About Tecplot 360
Tecplot 360 is a suite of CFD visualization and analysis tools that can handle large data sets, automate workflows, and visualize parametric results. Three powerful modules in this one tool include:
- Tecplot Chorus – an analytics tool for exploring large datasets composed of multiple solutions or experiments.
- SZL Server – a client-server module for accessing data remotely.
- PyTecplot – a Python API for automating workflows.
Integrated XY, 2D and 3D plotting speeds data analysis and increases productivity. Easy-to-use, fast and memory efficient, Tecplot 360 produces visually powerful output to help engineers and scientists communicate CFD, other simulation and test data results to clients and stakeholders.
Special pricing is available for Academic users upon request, see Tecplot for Academics.
About Tecplot, Inc.
Tecplot, an operating company of Toronto-based Constellation Software, Inc. (CSI), is the leading independent developer of visualization and analysis software for engineers and scientists. CSI is a public company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:CSU). CSI acquires, manages, and builds software businesses that provide mission-critical solutions in specific vertical markets.
Tecplot visualization and analysis software allows customers using desktop computers and laptops to quickly analyze and understand (local or remote) information hidden in complex data and communicate their results to others via professional images and animations. The company’s products are used by more than 47,000 technical professionals around the world.