SCIA Engineer 17.1 Released for Structural Design, Analysis
HERK-De-STAD, Belgium, Dec 14, 2017 - SCIA, a Nemetscheck company announces the release of a new version (17.1) of its SCIA Engineer software. The new version of the structural analysis and design software extends the functionalities introduced in SCIA Engineer 17 (released in June 2017), which was designed to help structural engineers boost their productivity in their day-to-day work.
Version 17.1 delivers a number of enhancements in the areas of concrete design, BIM, loading and overall usability. The version also features more streamlined workflows and provides a higher level of transparency to make your work easier, faster and more precise.
“SCIA Engineer 17.1 reflects the valuable feedback we received from our users during our conferences and online events after the launch of SCIA Engineer 17. Building on the strengths of the software, the new version will deliver even more value to our users in Europe and the United States. This will be particularly evident in the new Eurocode 2 2D concrete outputs and punching shear check, as well as the robust and accurate live load reduction compliant to ASCE.” Cyril Heck, Chief Product and Marketing Officer at SCIA
The new functionalities and enhancements in SCIA Engineer 17.1 include:
- One-click punching shear check now automatically handles openings
- Graphical presentation of the effective section depth
- Conversion of calculated reinforcement (mm2) to practical reinforcement meshes (diameters and spacing)
- Color-coded display of unity checks for the checks of 2D concrete (CDD and cracks)
- Calculation of the stress limitation according to NEN-EN 1992-1-1
- New Romanian and Spanish National Annexes
- Updated Czech and Austrian National Annexes
- Updated Revit link for composite beam data, metal decking and steel joists
Loads and overall usability:
- Tributary area distribution on panels with openings
- ASCE compliant live load reduction
- Various usability improvements including default imperial unit sets and handling of legend for graphical results
Founded in 1974, SCIA is a software company headquartered in Belgium, which develops, markets and supports software products for structural engineering and structural analysis in the construction market.We continuously strive to inspire our customers to move their limits in designing, analysing and building any kind of structure – even the most audacious ones – while keeping their full creativity and effectiveness. Every day our partners rely on SCIA to be successful and to address their real business challenges. For more information, visit https://www.scia.net/en.