Sandvik Coromant Redesigns Packaging Line
SANDVIKEN, Sweden, Feb 7, 2018 – To improve the functionality in terms of handling and tool protection we have re-designed our packaging line. All boxes and tubes will be grey with yellow labels and are developed to reduce environmental impact by having a smaller format which demands less material usage and storage
New packaging features includes:
The new packaging line includes insert boxes, twist-and-pull tubes, cardboard boxes, plywood boxes and a new unique torque key.
1) Insert box The insert box is easy to open with a “click-stop” for each position with inlets to better secure small and sensitive inserts. All parts (box, inlet and lid) go into same bin making it easy to recycle.
2) Twist-and-pull tube The compact tube design offers good tool fixation and is easy to open and close, just twist and pull. Also this packaging is easy to recycle, all in same bin.
3) Cardboard box The cardboard box is easy to open and close and is designed with inlays that secure the tool, making it easy to lift the tool from the box. The cardboard is foldable, hence easy to recycle.
4) Torque key All tools are accompanied with the correct torque key. On the twist and pull tube you find it mounted on the outside for easy access.
5) Labels The packaging labels feature an image of the tool to help keeping order and finding the tool quickly.
During this transition period from old to new, customers may receive both new grey packaging and old red-yellow ones when ordering our tools. As we are applying the first in – first out principle from our distribution centers, the length of this period will vary depending on packaging type and country.
About Sandvik Coromant
Part of global industrial engineering group Sandvik, Sandvik Coromant is at the forefront of manufacturing tools, machining solutions and knowledge that drive industry standards and innovations demanded by the metalworking industry now and into the next industrial era. Educational support, extensive R&D investment and strong customer partnerships ensure the development of machining technologies that change, lead and drive the future of manufacturing. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3100 patents worldwide, employs over 8,500 staff, and is represented in 150 countries. For more information visit www.sandvik.coromant.com.