PTC Launches Creo 3.0 with Unite Technology, Delivering Unparalleled Multi-CAD Data Handling Capabilities
Enabling customers to work with and consolidate data from any CAD source; providing new tools to foster innovation in concept development; and making everyday design tasks easier
Bangalore, August 27, 2014 - PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) recently announced the launch of Creo3.0, the revolutionary 3D product design software. With PTC Creo 3.0, PTC introduces new Unite™ technology which significantly enhances the ability to use CAD files from a variety of systems directly in PTC Creo. PTC Creo 3.0 also empowers innovation through more powerful; seamlessly integrated concept design tools, ensuring efforts undertaken in concept design can be fully reused in the detailed design process. Key productivity enhancements within the release further add to customers’ ability to focus on higher levels of innovation and product quality.
With PTC Creo 3.0, they will continue to deliver on their strategy. PTC’s ground breaking Unite technology addresses the data and process-related challenges of CAD consolidation. Unite technology in PTC Creo 3.0 enables CAD data of varying formats to be used directly in the PTC Creo Parametric™, Creo Direct™, Creo Simulate™, and Creo Options Modeler™ apps. As a result, this release enables significant efficiencies to be achieved when consolidating multiple CAD systems onto PTC Creo, as well as when collaborating with others using different CAD tools. These efficiencies enable improvements in on-time delivery; product quality and desirability by allowing design teams to spend more time innovating and less time on non-value add tasks such as recreating design intent and redundant file management.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Subash Nambiar, Country Manager, PTC said – “We are delighted to announce the launch of the latest and much advanced product from PTC, the Creo 3.0. The Unite technology that is being offered with our new product has truly integrated concept design tools, and continued emphasis on day-day productivity gains, this new release empowers our customers to bring greater efficiency to their product development process. We aim to deliver maximum customer satisfaction through our new products and service and we believe Creo 3.0 could do the best for the same”.
Specific benefits for concept design from the PTC Creo 3.0 suite include:
- · Align, a new freestyle functionality (part of PTC Creo Parametric) enables designers to create and drive freeform designs parametrically, combining organic geometry creation and modification with associative parametric design intent.
- · Greater scalability and richer tools in PTC Creo Layout to support 2D concept engineering activities with seamless re-use in the 3D parametric environment
- · A more powerful and easier to use 3D direct modeling app (PTC Creo Direct) for quickly creating concept designs that are fully reusable in PTC Creo Parametric
- · PTC Creo Design Exploration Extension provides a dedicated environment in PTC Creo Parametric for developing design alternatives, investigating modeling approaches and safely understanding the consequences of design changes. It significantly reduces the current level of manual effort and overhead required to undertake these activities.
- · PTC Creo 3.0 introduces new and enhanced capabilities and workflows to make everyday design tasks easier. This enables productivity increases and enables individuals and design teams to focus on driving the development of more innovative and higher quality products, while supporting on-time delivery.
Some of the most significant improvements in the core aspects of the PTC Creo suite include:
- · New graphical realism support
- · Extensive hardware libraries and automated fastener assembly workflows
- · New and improved help system with dedicated tools for new users
- · New flexible modeling capabilities
- · New and enhanced analysis tools
- · Core modeling enhancements
- · Sheet metal modeling enhancements
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) enables manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. The company’s technology solutions help customers transform the way they create and service products across the entire product lifecycle – from conception and design to sourcing and service. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 27,000 businesses in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries worldwide. Get more information atwww.ptc.com.
PTC and the PTC logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of PTC Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.