NUMECA Releases FINE/Open with OpenLabs v9.2 for CFD
BRUSSELS, Belgium, May 22, 2020 – NUMECA is delighted to announce the official release of FINE/Open with OpenLabs v9.2 for Multiphysics CFD.
Average 10% speed-up for all generated meshes with HEXPRESS/Hybrid
Our development team worked on different aspects to globally improve the speed of all generated meshes. As a result, a speed-up of 10% can be expected for all cases on average. In addition, particular attention has been put on the automatic local refinement for surfaces to accelerate it even further.
Improvements in the mesh quality for open thin wall configurations have also been tackled.
The distributed parallel version has been upgraded with the capacity to use the enhanced mesh projection method (EXACTMESHING keyword) and the support of SPB and CGNS formats for export.
The computation of Full Non-Matching Boundaries (FNMB) for periodic domains can be performed directly in HEXPRESS/Hybrid: faster time-to-results with a simpler and more integrated workflow.
Custom thermodynamic tables (FINE/Open)
Custom thermodynamic table data can be generated with the new version of NIST Reference Fluid Thermodynamic and Transport Properties Database (REFPROP).
REFPROP 10 is integrated into NUMECA’s tables generator TabGen. The benefits of this new version are:
- Availability of 147 pure fluids
- Support for mixtures with up to 20 components
- New equations of state for some fluids
CPU Booster robustness improvements (FINE/Open)
Speed-up your most complex simulations thanks to the improved robustness of CPU-Booster.
Users get more advanced control on CPU-Booster™ such as the initial constant CFL for the CFL ramping, compressibility correction for supersonic exhaust jets, additional outputs…
- Capacity to smoothly close viscous layers by hanging nodes between 2 tangent surfaces to ensure an optimal quality
- Capacity to intersect mirror planes and geometries based on the triangulation
- New license check option to wait for a free license seat instead of stopping mesh generation (useful for automatic optimization and job scheduling)
FINE/Open with OpenLabs
- Rigid-body motion with 6 degrees of freedom
- Introduction of the CFL ramping for computations without CPU-Booster
- New best practices guide for premixed combustion
For more information on FINE/Open with OpenLabs please click here.
About NUMECA International
NUMECA International is a leading developer and provider of Grid Generation, Multi-physics – CFD software systems for analysis, design, and optimization of industrial products and processes, with an emphasis in the domains of turbomachinery, marine, aeronautics, aerospace, energy, chemical processes and multi-physics. NUMECA offers an extended suite of software systems covering a broad range of applications for both internal and external flows, including fluid-structure, fluid thermal, aero-acoustic interactions.
Driven by creativity, innovation & quality, we proudly turn our passion into innovative software toolsets that support the world’s leading industries. For more information, visit www.numeca.com.