NUMECA Releases FINE/Marine v9.2 for CFD
BRUSSELS, Belgium, Oct 2, 2020 – NUMECA is delighted to announce the official release of FINE/Marine version 9.2. FINE/Marine is the leading CFD software for naval architects and marine engineers.
Discover C-Wizard improvements, cable modeling, transpiration method, and much more in the newest version of FINE/Marine.
- Users can now prepare an overset case for the Resistance, Seakeeping and Planing regime applications in only one additional click.
- Automatically schedule all your simulations in the task manager with a specified number of cores.
- The wizard also automates the preparation of matrices of simulations for PMM maneuvers such as static drift, pure sway, pure yaw, yaw and drift, and also roll decay.
The transpiration method will reduce the computation time by around 25% for modal approach cases and around 15% for unsteady simulations which frequently call for a weighted mesh deformation algorithm. To illustrate the applicability of this methodology to seakeeping or deformable structures simulations, for example, a new demo case has been created.
Cable modeling with Catenary approach
Thanks to our new collaboration with the D-ICE Engineering company, cables can be modeled with a higher degree of accuracy. This new module, called Catway, uses a catenary approach for modeling the lines with a quasi-static determination of the tension forces exerted on attached bodies. It also raises the bar of traditional quasi-static modeling by allowing fully three-dimensional set-ups for complex computations involving mooring systems for vessels and floating offshore structures.
Numerous results analysis tool improvements
All of your CFD reports can be made very quickly with all these improvements to the results analysis tool:
- Create user-defined plots
- Change the units, resolution of the plots and legend location
- Draw average and convergence lines automatically
- Compute friction lines for ITTC57, Grigson, Katsui, Schoenherr
- New available quantities: time step evolution, cavitation vapor volume
- Catway catenary approach: tension or position can be plotted on line nodes
- Split the plots per body
- Median and moving average filters available for motions
- Export the results to a CSV file
And that’s not all:
- The periodic boundary condition is extended to translation, in addition to rotation, to handle cables for VIV simulations for instance.
- It is now possible to define an initial rotation for a ship even in a mono fluid steady simulation. Ideal for faster wind study simulations!
- A button has been added to reset all or a single expert parameter to default values in a single click.
- The convergence checker now prints in the .std file the averaged values of the monitored quantities at each time-step for a fast check of the current convergence.
- The Rhino plugin now benefits from a faster and more robust triangulation technique.
About NUMECA International
NUMECA International is a leading developer and provider of Grid Generation, Multi-physics – CFD software systems for analysis, design, and optimization of industrial products and processes, with an emphasis in the domains of turbomachinery, marine, aeronautics, aerospace, energy, chemical processes and multi-physics. NUMECA offers an extended suite of software systems covering a broad range of applications for both internal and external flows, including fluid-structure, fluid thermal, aero-acoustic interactions.
Driven by creativity, innovation & quality, we proudly turn our passion into innovative software toolsets that support the world’s leading industries. For more information, visit www.numeca.com.