NexGen Releases HumanCAD 5 for 3D Human Modeling
MONTREAL, Canada, Oct 29, 2018 - NexGen is pleased to announce the release of HumanCAD 5, our most advanced digital human modeling solution. HumanCAD is a human modeling solution that creates digital humans in a 3D environment in which a variety of ergonomic and human factor analysis can be performed. HumanCAD aids users with the design of products and workplaces by determining what humans of different sizes can see, reach or lift.
New features in Version 5.0 include:
- Additional anthropometric databases for UK, Japan, USA, India and more
- New Discomfort/Comfort analysis tools have been added
- The ErgoTools module has been updated with many new tools which include Energy Expenditure, OWAS, RULA, Snook and Mital tables
- Captured postures can be added to the Posture Library using Microsoft Kinect
- New methods for Customized Anthropometry have been added
- The Animation module has been enhanced to include a choice of interpolation, option to save as a video file and an option to interface with selected ErgoTools
The first version of the ManneQuin/HumanCAD series of human modeling solutions was released in 1990. Since then thousands of users worldwide have used these solutions. HumanCAD’s digital human modeling technology is an important tool in determining the human fit of products and workplaces before they are built. Leading manufacturing corporations, product design companies, government organizations, forensic consultants and universities have purchased our digital human modeling solutions.
About NexGen Ergonomics Inc.
NexGen is the leading developer and distributor of software and instrumentation for ergonomic and biomechanical job analyses, design and research. These include a variety of products for performing biomechanical, 3D digital human modeling, video analysis, motion capture systems, force measurement, human vibration analysis, sEMG and physiological measurement, data acquisition, as well as many others. For more information, visit http://www.nexgenergo.com.