MicroSurvey inCAD 2020 Released
WEST KELOWNA, BC, Canada, Dec 11, 2019 – MicroSurvey announces the release of inCAD 2020. MicroSurvey inCAD adds the MicroSurvey feature set to the latest Autodesk software – including AutoCAD 2020, AutoCAD Map 3D 2020, and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2020 – providing users with complete survey drafting and calculation workflows, including COGO, point tools for gridline-based projects, traverse input and adjustment, misclosure reporting, common data collector support, 3D surface representation and computation, corridor design, and much more.
These utilities are perpetually licensed and are designed to complement the professional land surveyor and their desire for maximum efficiency. With two product tiers, inCAD allows the avid professional to choose precisely the features and price point they need to produce the quality deliverables they want. MicroSurvey inCAD works directly in your existing AutoCAD® environment, facilitating collaboration with existing AutoCAD® users within your organization.
Notable improvements in MicroSurvey inCAD 2020 include:
- AutoCAD 2020 Support including full support for Autodesk AutoCAD 2020 products, including 64-bit English versions of AutoCAD 2020, AutoCAD Map 3D 2020, and AutoCAD Civil3D 2020;
- Smart Point Blocks allow users to draw point nodes and labels as a single block, with automatic leaders and editing functions for label placement;
- Smart Polylines are created from Polylines, LWPolylines, and 3DPolylines which are connected by survey points, and will be automatically updated when points move. A new “CAD Polylines Dialog” has been created to review polyline details. LandXML Export and Google Earth (.kml) export have both been upgraded to export smart polylines;
- Angular Units have been updated to include Gons/Gradians, and may be used for all input/output throughout the program;
- Bing Maps have been added to allow users to easily download background imagery as a raster image. The area of interest may be specified by project location or other input, and Resolution, coverage area, and image type may be specified on import
- GIS Import allows users to import various types of GIS data into their drawing. Filters have been added to control data limits, remap attributes, and import the file as 3-dimensional objects;
- JobXML data from Trimble and Spectra Precision may be imported as traverse files, including point coordinates, GNSS coordinates, and total station measurements;
- 3D Point Labels allow users to draw point labels at the elevation of their respective nodes, rather than at zero. This is very useful for those who prefer to work in 3D;
- Drawing Comparison Tools from AutoCAD have been made to work properly with MicroSurvey database objects, and allow a user to compare two similar drawings to determine their differences;
- Upgraded CSMap Library includes over 125 new coordinate systems for Africa, Asia, Europe, Australasia, and the USA
Full details are available in the MicroSurvey inCAD 2020 Release Notes.
MicroSurvey offers free trial versions for all of its major software – Click Here to download your trial version of MicroSurvey inCAD today!
MicroSurvey Software Inc. develops, manufactures and markets a family of specialized computer software for Land Surveyors, Civil Engineers, Seismic Surveyors, Mapping Professionals, Police officers, and Accident Reconstruction Specialists.
Incorporated in 1986 as MicroSurvey Marketing International Inc., MicroSurvey has expanded its market presence and today supplies software solutions around the world. MicroSurvey offers one of the most complete survey design and mapping product lines in the industry and is leading the software development for forensic evidence collection and diagramming.
In 2012 MicroSurvey was purchased by Hexagon of Sweden. Hexagon has over 12,500 employees in more than 40 countries and net sales of about 2,200 Million Euros. Their products are used in a broad range of industries including surveying, power and energy, aerospace and defence, safety and security, construction and manufacturing. For more information, visit https://www.microsurvey.com.