Mazak Canada to Host Discover Automation Education Event
FLORENCE, KY, USA, Aug 30, 2018 – On November 8-9, 2018, Mazak Canada will host a two-day Discover Automation Education Event focusing on how to automate low to medium-volume/high-mix machining production. The event, to be held at the Mazak Canada Technology Center in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, will feature live presentations of several different automated systems and related technologies on the Center’s demonstration floor.
Among the event presentations/demonstrations:
- The Dollars and Cents of Automation: Dispelling common myths about automation and showing how to implement it in low, medium and high-volume applications.
- Pallet-based Automation: How adding this technology makes a dramatic improvement in spindle-in-cut time and productivity.
- Collaborative and Fenceless Robots: Discussing these technologies and how they differ. FANUC and JMP Engineering will conduct a live demonstration with a FANUC collaborative robot and a RoboJob fenceless robot system. RoboJob provides an easy-to-incorporate, flexible automation system with many options, including diverse stacking methods and a range of part-queueing styles for varying part shapes.
- Flexible and DONE IN ONE: How manufacturing small or large batch sizes becomes easier with the Mazak GR100 Gantry Robot built-in machine tending.
- The Mazak VARIAXIS i-300 AWC: Presenting a compact, 5-axis machine that stores up to 40 workpieces for fully automated machining of countless combinations through its Automated Work Changer (AWC).
- The Renishaw Equator 500: Presenting a large-size, flexible comparative measuring system for shop-floor process control, along with a view of how Renishaw’s Intelligent Process Control Software sends offsets directly to a Mazak machine tool. Renishaw is a Mazak Value Inspired Partner.
- In-Process Inspection for Automated Production Operations: See Renishaw in-machine probing cycles, along with the Reporter system that provides a real-time view of pass/ fails measurement data directly on the machine control.
Mazak continues its long-established presence in Canada, offering the largest support infrastructure of any machine tool brand in that country. The Mazak Canadian Headquarters and Technology Centre provides comprehensive sales, service, and support for the entire country. The facility covers 2,044 square meters on a 1.53-hectare site, with five application engineers and three distributor support engineers. Along with onsite machine-training classes, the facility also hosts large-scale educational events. Customers visit to see demonstrations of the latest Mazak technologies and perform test cuts.
About Mazak Corporation
Mazak Corporation is a leader in the design and manufacture of productive machine tool solutions. Committed to being a partner to customers with innovative technology, its world-class facility in Florence, Kentucky, produces over 100 models of turning centers, Multi-Tasking machines and vertical machining centers, including 5- axis models. Continuously investing in manufacturing technology allows the Kentucky Mazak iSMART Factory to be the most advanced and efficient in the industry, providing high-quality and reliable products through its “Production-On-Demand” practice. Mazak maintains eight Technology Centers across North America to provide local hands-on applications, service and sales support to customers. For more information on Mazak’s products and solutions, visit www.mazakusa.com or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.