Maxon Updates Cineware for Illustrator Plug-in
FRIEDRICHSDORF, Germany, Feb 27, 2020 – Maxon is pleased to announce the immediate availability of an updated version of the Cineware for Illustrator plug-in (CwAI), which enables artists and designers to add and edit 3D objects directly within Adobe Illustrator CC 2020, the industry-standard vector graphics application included in the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Cineware for Illustrator is available at no cost for MacOS and Windows on the Maxon web site.
Cineware for Illustrator uses the same powerful 3D engine as Cinema 4D, Maxon’s Sci-Tech award-winning, intuitive, professional 3D application. Users can import any C4D file, and tweak the view, lighting and textures to integrate 3D elements with 2D designs or use 3D elements as templates when creating vector artwork in Adobe Illustrator CC. This enables designers to visualize product labels, incorporate rich 3D content into Illustrator compositions, or even arrange 3D elements as guides for form and perspective when creating vector artwork.
Turbosquid, the leading online source for 3D models, has kindly provided Cineware for Illustrator users a “jump start” into the third dimension with a collection of ready-to-use 3D models, including common product packaging and other 3D objects. Users of Cinema 4D can create and share their own custom 3D content for use in Illustrator CC.
Cineware for Illustrator Feature Highlights
- 3D Objects: Rotate, position and show/hide individual 3D objects from any Cinema 4D scene, all within Illustrator CC.
- Materials: Adjust the color, reflection, luminance, transparency, and bump directly within Illustrator CC. Users can even apply vector artwork to the surface of 3D models
- Cameras: Switch between pre-set cameras or use simple navigation tools to choose preferred viewing angle.
- Lights: Enable or disable lights, and change their color to set a mood and emphasize shapes.
- Integrate: Workflow allows easy removal of the background by choosing the automatically created alpha map so 3D elements can be integrated into existing vector artwork.
Headquartered in Friedrichsdorf, Germany, Maxon is a developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Its award-winning Cinema 4D and Redshift 3D software products have been used extensively to help create and render everything from stunning visual effects in top feature films, TV shows and commercials, cutting-edge game cinematics for AAA games, as well as for medical illustration, architectural and industrial design applications. In 2019, Cinema 4D was awarded a Scientific and Technical Academy Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Maxon has offices in Germany, USA, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Japan and Singapore. Maxon products are available directly from the website and its worldwide distribution network. Maxon is part of the Nemetschek Group. For moreinformation, visit https://www.maxon.net