Mastercam 2018 to be Unveiled at EASTEC 2018
WEST SPRINGFIELD, MA, Apr 21, 2017 – EASTEC 2017 will unveil the latest in the line of powerful Mastercam machining software. From May 16-18, stop by booth #5249 at the Eastern States Exposition, West Springfield, MA, to get a first look at Mastercam 2018. Mastercam 2018 offers new 2D/3D milling features, design improvements, powerful turning and mill-turn enhancements, and so much more.
New 2D/3D Milling Features
Stock awareness has been added to select 2D toolpaths. The tool motion can now use the top, bottom, or both values of the stock, and all the linking parameters can be set to adapt to changing stock values. Finish passes now have more options to choose from. Now you can add or remove finish cuts, based on the number of rough depth cuts specified on the Depth Cuts page. The workflow for all 3D High Speed toolpaths has been streamlined and gives you fine control over exactly where to cut. You can also assign variable stock to leave values on its walls and floors.
Powerful Turning and Mill-Turn
Chip Break is now available for face and finish toolpaths when chip breaks occur. This is valuable when working with stringy materials such as aluminum or plastic, and allows you to set length and time conditions, retract, and dwell options. Mill-turn machine definitions now contain tailstock and quill components. The new tailstock operation allows you to define how the machine’s tailstock is used. The tailstock options differ depending on the selected machine.
Angle Sweep improves the creation of more complex wireframe functions and when creating or editing primitives, there are now on-screen sweep and rotate controls which can snap to the AutoCursor positions of existing entities. To make Roll and Unroll results easier to predict, Seam Control lets you visually rotate a seam to see how geometry will respond, as well as snap to AutoCursor positions. Hole Axis makes it easier to work with a large number of holes, especially holes with matching diameters that are selected as a group.
Also available in the Mastercam 2018 release is:
- A new set of turning strategies that automate toolpath generation and support for Sandvik Coromant CoroTurn Prime inserts and PrimeTurning method.
- My Mastercam gives you access to your profile, Mastercam’s social media outlets, your reseller information, the Mastercam Forum, and other helpful information.
- Streamlined work flow with improved plane management, level and geometry control, toolpath analysis and more.
- Model prep and solid model enhancements such as multiple undo/redo for up to twenty-five functions and Solid Sweep has more options and controls than ever.
- The collision control and the multiaxis Link Safety Zone pages for multiaxis toolpaths have been redesigned for Mastercam 2018.
- Common direction has been added to the tool axis control page for multiaxis toolpaths and keeps the tool at a uniform tilt angle to reduce tool and machine motion.
- And many other productivity improvements across the entire product.
For more information on Mastercam 2018, please visit www.mastercam.com.
Developed by CNC Software, Inc., Mastercam is Windows-based CAD/CAM software for 2- through 5-axis routing, milling and turning, 2- and 4-axis wire EDM, 2D and 3D design, surface and solid modeling, and Swiss machining. Privately owned and founded in 1983, CNC Software provides CAD/CAM solutions to more than 224,000 installations in 75 countries in industries including mold making, prototyping, automotive, medical, aerospace, consumer products, and much more.
For more information, please visit www.mastercam.com.
About CNC Software, Inc.
CNC Software, Inc. is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art software tools for CAD/CAM manufacturing markets. Their goal is to provide superior software products based on their users’ needs to solve simple to complex design and machining problems.