Innovyze Releases xpswmm, xpstorm v2018.2 for Stormwater Modeling
PORTLAND, OR, USA, Oct 31, 2018 – Innovyze, a global leader in water infrastructure analytics, proudly announces the release of xpswmm and xpstorm version 2018.2. Innovyze offers state of the art improvements to our hydrodynamic software solutions for simulating sanitary sewer systems, stormwater systems, rivers, and urban flooding. xpswmm and xpstorm are used daily around the world for master planning, floodplain mapping, flood hazard mitigation and sustainable stormwater control.
The latest release represents an enormous leap for cutting-edge modeling technology by providing heavily parallelized processing capabilities to improve user productivity. The focus on user productivity spans not only to the model building process, but also leverages the technology that most users already have available to improve the model simulation capabilities. This release is a clear indication of Innovyze’s commitment to users’ needs while providing significant value and competitive advantages for years to come.
“xpswmm makes a huge leap forward in productivity in urban stormwater modeling,” says Product Manager, Matthew Anderson, PE, CFM. “We are excited about providing the opportunity to be significantly more productive with xpswmm & xpstorm, especially with the ability to accelerate simultaneous 1D and 2D simulations on the GPU card.”
Below is a list of some of the new updates xpswmm 2018.2 offers:
- NEW: XP2D Extreme Engine By leveraging the NVIDIA GPUs and the GPU Module to xpswmm and xpstorm, model run times of combined 1D-2D coupled urban hydrologic and hydraulic models are possible. The potential speed improvements for these simulations is significant. The xp2DExtreme engine, rebuilt for parallelization and simulation stability provides the ability to accelerate the 1D-2D model simulation time on either today’s multithreaded CPUs or workstation GPUs.
- ENHANCED: LandXML Import/Export Another productivity gain for users is the improved ability to import larger LandXML files containing surfaces or large pipe networks. The processing of large surfaces now includes 10x more points, in less than 30 seconds, while preserving the TIN triangulation of surface designed.
- IMPROVED: CAD Format Support The ability to underlay an existing AutoCAD file is now enhanced to include support of the Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 drawing file formats. The CAD Files now supports MicroStation DGN files.
- IMPROVED: GIS Links PostgreSQL Database connection now fully supports bi-directional connections.
- ENHANCED: General improvements for productivity include model import (allowing names for Flow Lines or Points on GIS import), more Catchment Splitting enhancements, stronger interoperability with 12d model terrain data, Multilink in Profile Plots & Ensemble Reports, together with improved application performance.
“We recognize that our software is used every day by our loyal client base, so we always consider that when adding new features or updating existing capabilities. We value our customers immensely and are committed to improving the user experience,” said Vice President of SWMM Products, Anthony Kuch.
Innovyze is a leading global provider of wet infrastructure business analytics software solutions designed to meet the technological needs of stormwater/water/wastewater industry. Its clients include the majority of the UK, Australasian, East Asian and North American cities, foremost utilities on all five continents, and ENR top-rated design firms. Backed by unparalleled expertise and offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the Innovyze connected portfolio of best-in-class product lines empowers thousands of engineers to competitively plan, manage, design, protect, operate, and sustain highly efficient and resilient infrastructure systems, and provides an enduring platform for customer success. For more information, visit www.innovyze.com.