IMSI Design Acquires TurboProject, FormTool Software
NOVATO, CA, USA, Nov 14, 2018 – IMSI Design, a leading software developer, announced the acquisition of TurboProject and FormTool software programs, long-established brands in project management and form solutions, respectively. The acquisition includes intellectual property, as well as product websites.
With this acquisition, IMSI Design adds excellent companion titles to its CAD and Home Design product lines. TurboProject helps users manage all of the tasks, timeframes, resources, and interdependencies amongst these in order to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. FormTool is an essential resource for individuals and small businesses and allows designers to take information from TurboCAD drawings and organize into forms which can be used for billing, inventory control, and production management.
As a leader in the CAD and Home Design markets, IMSI Design’s aim has always been to satisfy its customer needs and these two product offerings assist in this mission. Drivers behind this acquisition include the ultimate ease that the products offer in terms of task management, as well as the outstanding features that helped these products earn their distinct position as value leaders in their respective markets. “We are very happy to have these two great applications rejoining the IMSI Design family of products. As with all of our products, we are committed to their continued development, so our customers can look forward to even more new and enhanced features in the coming months.” Says Bob Mayer, President of IMSI Design.
Key product features include:
- Plan any project with ease - start with what you know and fill in the details later, makes horizon planning simple
- Identify team members responsible - Know what everyone is doing and get early warning of resource conflicts.
- Know the critical path - See where to focus your efforts to finish projects in the least time for the least cost.
- Easy Gantt chart creation - Make a schedule with dates and critical path in minutes.
- A single view of many projects - Get a combined view of multiple projects that share the same resources.
- Publish to the Web, Word and Excel - Communicate your plan in a variety of sharable formats.
- Extensive Reporting Options - Includes Earned Value, progress reporting and budgeting.
- Intuitive Interface and Navigation - TurboProject is easy to learn and apply on the job.
- Online Tutorials or On-Site Help - Convenient training options are always available.
- Affordability and Value - TurboProject is a feature-rich program at an affordable price.
- Over 800 Forms Included Free - Includes 800+ professionally designed forms easily customizable to your needs.
- Convert Paper to Digital - Easily convert all your existing paper forms to digital — with complete editing capacity. Convert, edit, manage, fill out, and publish your paper forms.
- Design Your Own Custom Forms - With FormTool, it’s simple to build a form exactly the way you want it. Just drag and drop all the elements you need: lines, check boxes, even entire tables or fields from your favorite database.
- Send/Receive forms via email - All the information that’s filled in and returned via email can easily be imported back into FormTool’s relational database — even to users without FormTool!
- Popular Database Support - Easily build a connection with popular databases like Access, ACT, Excel, SQL, Oracle, and more.
- Import/Export PDF, DOC, and FTF files - Works seamlessly with Adobe PDF files, DOC files from MS Word (Import only) and FTF files from prior versions of FormTool.
About IMSI Design
IMSI Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design) and home design desktop software, and a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry. With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD, DesignCAD and TurboFloorPlan families of precision design applications for desktop and mobile. For more information, visit www.TurboCAD.com.