Graebert Announces ARES Commander 2015 2D/3D CAD Software for Windows, Mac and Linux
Includes Free User License for Touch 2015 BETA, the first full featured CAD application on Android tablets
2nd December 2014 – Noida, UP – Graebert™ India http://www.graebert.in, a fully owned subsidiary of Graebert GmbH, the pioneer in developing high-performance CAD solutions across desktop and mobile devices – today announced the availability of its acclaimed ARES™ Commander 2015 2D/3D CAD package on all three desktop operating systems: Microsoft® Windows®, Apple® Mac® OS X™ and Linux®. In a separate announcement, the company also introduced ARES Touch 2015, the world’s first true CAD solution for Google® Android®, shipping in early 2015.
Graebert-developed ARES CAD technology is in daily use by millions of design professionals in more than 40 countries in 14 languages.
Major new features in this update include:
• ARES Touch for Android The first DWG-based full CAD software for Android tablets, including a UI/UX specifically adapted for touch-based input. Files are synchronized via Dropbox® or Google Drive™ or shared by email. You get ARES Touch for free* when you purchase a license of ARES Commander.
• LicenseToGo Use your Product Key to activate your license on another computer and eventually even under a different OS (Windows, Mac OS X or Linux) without having to buy a Flex (network) license or even needing to connect to your first computer. The Graebert LicenseToGo will be active for up to 5 days and you can renew it again on the same PC or another one. As a result, you can use your license on multiple computers.
LicenseToGo is a service included with the Graebert subscription.
• Dynamic blocks – Grips editing Edit dynamic blocks inserted in a DWG drawing by other CAD software such as AutoCAD®. You can use the grips to dynamically and interactively modify these “intelligent” blocks and eventually reinsert them in the drawing.
• 2D Constraints Add intelligence to your drawings with the new Constraints Design Solver (CDS) from Spatial Corp. (a Dassault Systèmes company) integrated in ARES Commander. Geometric constraints help you to define selected entities that should remain parallel, perpendicular and tangent. Dimensional constraints allow you to lock a length, define a scale factor between entities or even enter a formula to define a length. After defining such constraints, the CDS solver will dynamically update your drawing when you make any modification by recalculating the incidence on the other elements.
• Editing Tables Click inside a Table cell or launch the command EditTableCell and you will get a toolbar with all the options to insert, resize, merge or delete cells, rows and columns.
• Dimension palette Create or click on a dimension and you will see a contextual toolbar to easily and quickly change its formatting and properties.
• Advanced in-place text editing The Notes (MText) command has been improved with a new Paragraph options dialog to define advanced formatting just as you do in a word processor but right inside your drawings. The new Stack dialog helps you create fractions and tolerances in your text.
• PowerTrim Trim multiple entities by moving your mouse around – just describe a path with your mouse and ARES will trim while you move.
• QuickModify Use only one command to perform multiple actions on the same selection of entities: move, rotate, scale and/or copy without leaving the command.
• Bonus tools DiscardDuplicates deletes duplicate entities. ExplodeBlockX explodes blocks or tables and converts attributes in text.
• CustomPaperSize Add or remove custom paper sizes for the ARES virtual printers in order to export to PDF, JPG, DWF and other formats. • Customizable Ribbon Customize the tabs and panels of the Ribbon to group the tools you need and like. You may also create your own workspaces. Ofcourse, you can switch back to traditional menus and toolbars if you prefer.
• Free plugin – OnlineMaps powered by Esri Powered by the acclaimed ArcGis Online solution from Esri®, this free plugin lets you download geo-referenced images from any address you enter in the search bar. You can choose satellite images, street maps, topographical maps and more.
Free plugin – Cadenas Get instant access from a panel inside ARES to millions of free parts from hundreds of manufacturers and insert them as blocks in your DWG drawings.
• Support for Linux 64 bits versions Now, Support is extended to the 64 bit versions of Linux. ARES Commander is tested for the following distributions: Ubuntu®, Debian™, Suse™ Linux and Fedora®. The Maximum Retail Price (MRP) for a perpetual license of ARES Commander is Rs. 55,000/- which includes one year of Graebert Subscription, access to upgrades, e-mail support and use of LicenseToGo. After one year, the subscription can be renewed. However, an up to date subscription is not mandatory – if users decide not to renew the subscription, they will still be able to later purchase an upgrade for a fraction of the price of the full license. New pricing options include an annual plan that is all-inclusive, as well as a flex license option that allows licenses to be shared across any OS or to be borrowed as needed.
30-day free software downloads for Windows (32- and 64-bit), OS X and Linux 64-bit, as well as videos, social media information and additional documentation may be found at www.graebert.in.
“ARES Commander 2015 is by far the most feature-rich software solution we’ve ever released,” said Wilfried Graebert, founder and CEO and Graebert GmbH. “We are very excited not only by this announcement, but also ARES Touch 2015, ARES Mechanical – 2015 will see Graebert further extending its lead as a world-class CAD provider.”
Graebert Graebert India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Graebert GmbH. Graebert GmbH is a leading developer of custom CAD software, solutions, and services. The company is recognized as a true innovator in the CAD industry and has more than 30 years of technology expertise, project management and consulting experience. Graebert’s CAD systems became the first to support Windows, Mac, Linux (since 2010) and Android (since 2014), and are used by millions of professionals worldwide.
Graebert’s product portfolio is anchored by ARES Commander Edition – powerful CAD software with 2D & 3D-modeling capabilities and native DWG support, which is the basis of all Graebert OEM products. Graebert offers a unique collaboration business model for CAD applications developers with custom OEM CAD software and application development services.
The SiteMaster™ line of “as built” software surveying solutions, as well as worldwide surveying services are included under Graebert’s iSurvey™ brand. The company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany with additional offices in America, Asia and Europe.
ARES, SiteMaster and Graebert are trademarks of Graebert, GmbH. All other trademarks and registered trademarks previously cited are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
For further information, please call Graebert India at 8527569990.