FARO Releases Digi-Cube for Laser Marking
LAKE MARY, FL, USA, Jun 29, 2018 – FARO (NASDAQ:FARO), the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology, 3D machine vision, construction BIM, public safety forensics and product design applications introduces the highest value combination of price and performance for a digital laser scan head with the FARODigi-Cube.
Digi-Cube is a high precision, high scan rate, digital servo controlled scan head that is easily integrated into a variety of laser scanning products to optimize productivity and output quality. It is specifically designed to enable best in class outcomes for exacting applications such as high accuracy laser marking, scribing, and engraving, laser 3D printing, photovoltaic production, and welding.
In a demanding supply chain environment where optimizing the performance-to-cost ratio is critical to both success and survival, Digi-Cube resets the baseline of the entire industry. It offers, as validated by exhaustive side by side performance benchmarking and available published technical specifications, comparable or better performance than alternative analog laser scan head products across a variety of key parameters at up to 30% lower price points (http://bit.do/FARO-Digi-Cube).
Additionally, beyond other performance improvements, Digi-Cube offers better real-world marking results relative to similar hybrid, digitally controlled products at the half, or 50%, of the price.
Simplified Implementation and Compatibility
- The Digi-Cube laser scan head is designed to the industry standard XY2-100 command protoco,l which assures easy OEM integration and plug-and-play replacement of existing analog servo control scan heads.
Extended Service Life
- Self-Tuning Technology automatically compensates for mechanical wear, extending service life and eliminating what has been repeatedly identified as a major issue with traditional analog servo filters.
“We are excited about the new level of value that we are able to offer across an extensive segment of laser marking applications,” stated Mark Longmuir, Senior Director, Laser Processing. “Our extensive experience and understanding of the pain points for key players in this space indicated that there was an unfulfilled need for a laser scan head with the high digital performance but at an analog level price point. With Digi-Cube, we are confident that we have addressed this gap in a proactive, value-added manner.”
The Digi-Cube is available for ordering now with 48-hour shipping and includes a one (1) year standard FARO warranty. Also, it is supported by the best in the class FARO Customer Service network, so that when an issue arises there is easy access to a FARO expert.
FARO is the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology – High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM – 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics – Capture and analysis of on-site real-world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design – Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, aftermarket design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision – 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO’s global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company’s European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia. For more information, visit https://www.faro.com.