FARO Acquires Lanmark Controls
LAKE MARY, FL, USA, Jul 10, 2018 – FARO (NASDAQ:FARO), the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology, construction BIM, product design, public safety forensics, and 3D machine vision applications announces the acquisition of Lanmark Controls, Inc.
Located in Acton, Massachusetts, Lanmark is a leading provider of high-speed laser marking control boards and intuitive, user-friendly laser marking software enabling integrators and product managers to develop high-performance laser marking products.
“Lanmark’s proven high-speed laser control technology competency is a critical component of FARO’s future product development strategy as the market continues to move towards automated, in-line 3D inspection,” stated Dr. Simon Raab, FARO’s President and CEO. “Together with the laser control technology previously acquired in the acquisitions of Nutfield Technology and Laser Control Systems Limited, we have a dynamic technology platform that will accelerate our initiatives to disrupt the factory metrology and 3D machine vision markets.”
FARO is the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology – High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM – 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics – Capture and analysis of on-site real-world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design – Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, aftermarket design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision – 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO’s global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company’s European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia. For more information, visit http://www.faro.com.