FARO Acquires Georgia-based Dustin Forensics
LAKE MARY, FL, USA, Nov 16, 2017 – FARO (NASDAQ: FARO), the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for public safety forensics, announces the acquisition of Dustin Forensics, a digital forensic animation firm based in Adairsville, Georgia. The acquisition of a world-renowned forensics services firm represents the logical next step in actualizing the FAROvertical business growth strategy.
Dustin Forensics has been led by David Dustin, an innovator in 3D crime and accident scene reconstruction and a pioneer in the legitimatization and admissibility of 3D data as an accepted courtroom tool. David will be taking on the newly created role of Director of Public Safety – Forensics Services.
“We are excited to have Dustin Forensics join the FARO family,” stated Jeff Ruiz, Vice President of Public Safety – Forensics. “Their real world expertise will not only strengthen the FARO service portfolio but also extend our reach into the broader markets of public and corporate security where there are significant opportunities to deliver comprehensive 3D scanning services for pre-incident planning, proactive threat assessments, and soft target protection.”
“I am thrilled to become a member of the FARO team,” commented David Dustin. “With the extensive resources of FARO, we will greatly accelerate our original mission – the advancement of laser scanning technology as it applies to public safety.”
“This acquisition, in concert with the recent introduction of FARO Zone 3D and SCENE 7.1 solutions, powerful software platforms specifically developed for forensics, makes a clear statement on our commitment to extending our lead in the global forensics market,” added Joseph Arezone, Chief Commercial Officer. “The combination of Dustin Forensics’ and FARO Technologies’ in-depth 3D expertise will enable a leading edge portfolio of new forensics services.”
David Dustin will be a featured speaker at the inaugural FARO Public Security and Forensics Conference in Berlin, Germany http://public-safety.faro-europe.com/beginning November 16, 2017.
FARO is the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology – High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM – 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics – Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design – Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision – 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO’s global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker™ and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company’s European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia. For more information, visit www.faro.com/india.