EnvisionTEC Receives FDA Approval for E-Denture Material to 3D Print lifelike dentures
- New material allows dentists and labs to directly 3D print full denture solutions
- Expands EnvisionTEC’s industry-leading dental materials library for 3D printing
- Offers owners of the Vida desktop and Perfactory production 3D printers even more flexibility
DEARBORN, Mich. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — June 30, 2017 — EnvisionTEC, a leading global manufacturer of desktop and full-production 3D printers and materials, today received FDA approval for its new E-Denture material for the 3D printing of lifelike dentures.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170630005819/en/
Combined with EnvisionTEC’s FDA-approved E-Dent 100 and 400 materials for the direct printing of restorations that simulate teeth, EnvisionTEC is now the only 3D printing company worldwide that offers a complete digital denture workflow solution. E-Dent is currently offered in four natural shades.
Dental labs and dentists can now combine a pink 3D printed denture base and tooth restoration into a denture that patients can wear for long-term use.
“This new material expands EnvisionTEC’s already industry-leading dental materials library,” said CEO Al Siblani. “Even more importantly, E-Denture gives our 3D printer owners the ability to print even more materials.”
Both E-Denture and E-Dent can be 3D printed on EnvisionTEC’s Vida desktop and Perfactory production machines. Owners of those machines can already 3D print a variety of dental parts with EnvisionTEC materials:
- Dental or orthodontic models (E-Model and E-Appliance)
- Castable crowns, bridges and partial denture frameworks (Press-E-Cast and E-Partial)
- Bite splints or night guards (E-Guard)
- Surgical guides (Clear Guide and E-Guide Tint)
- Indirect bonding trays for orthodontic bracket placement (E-IDB)
- Flexible gingiva masks (E-Gum)
E-Denture will be available for limited distribution in the third quarter.
EnvisionTEC is a leading global provider of professional-grade 3D printing solutions. Founded in 2002 with its pioneering commercial DLP printing technology, EnvisionTEC now sells more than 40 printers based on six distinct technologies that build objects from digital design files. The company’s premium 3D printers serve a variety of medical, professional and industrial markets, and are valued for precision, surface quality, functionality and speed. EnvisionTEC’s intellectual property includes more than 100 pending and granted patents and 70 proprietary materials.