ENGYS Releases HELYX v3.2.0 for CFD
LONDON, UK, Nov 5, 2019 - ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v3.2.0 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimisation based on ENGYS’ own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX’s add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX 3.2.0 offers a wide range of extended capabilities and several refinements to remove known issues found in the previous release 3.1.2. Some of the new exciting features added in this version include:
- New View tab for advanced visualisation and post-processing in the GUI, including full support for remote client-server connections. New GUI macro language with Python support.
- Added support for new version of HELYX-Mesh utility.
- New Proudman’s formula and Ffowcs-Williams-Hawkings noise propagation tool for computational aeroacoustics calculations.
- Added support for new HELYX-CHT unified solver.
- Added support for new Generalised Reference Frames (GRF).
- Added support for Thermal Comfort utility to calculate and monitor comfort indexes in line with ISO, ANSI-ASHRAE and other standards.
- New implementation of the level-set engine in HELYX-Adjoint for improved solver performance and robustness in topology optimisation.
- Improved HELYX-Coupled performance for calculation of pressure and viscous forces acting on a body.
- New propeller PID controller for 6DoF self-propulsion studies in HELYX-Marine.
- New rudder controller to perform free-running maneuvering studies in HELYX-Marine.
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company’s main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialised add-on modules for adjoint based optimisation and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux. For more information, visit https://engys.com.