ENGYS Releases HELYX v3.1.2 for CFD
LONDON, UK, May 31, 2019 - ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v3.1.2 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimization based on ENGYS’ own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX’s add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX v3.1.2 is a maintenance release with several refinements to remove known issues found in v3.1.1. Additionally, the following new features and enhancement have been added in this new version for the benefit of all users:
- Added support for our new dualized hex-dominant meshing algorithm.
- Added support (beta) for Generalised Internal Boundaries (GIB).
- New multi-phase flow solvers, including a dispersed Eulerian solver framework for handling diluted particle clouds and an algebraic slip two-phase solver.
- Improved interface for volumetric sources and cell zones based motion in the GUI.
- Complete code refactoring for handling boundary conditions in the GUI.
- New options for Field Process and Export functions.
- New topology and shape optimization tools in HELYX-Adjoint add-on, including support (beta) for transient adjoint, thermal and mixing.
- Improved setup for HELYX-Coupled add-on.
- New captive maneuvering simulation solver in HELYX-Marine add-on.
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company’s main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialized add-on modules for adjoint-based optimization and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux. ENGYS® and HELYX have registered trademarks of ENGYS Ltd. For more information, visit https://engys.com.