Elysium Releases InfiPoints v5.0 for Automatic Point Cloud Registration
HAMAMATSU, Japan, Jan 16, 2019 – Elysium announces a version-up release, InfiPoints V5.0. Elysium has developed new technology for increasing the success rate of automatic registration of large-scale point clouds. New functionality also includes the ability to create valves based on the scan data of plants, buildings and ships.
Extending the scope of outdoor scan utilization with registration in record time and photo-quality processing
- Registering data in outdoor environments automatically is possible for example in exterior plants, construction sites and historic sites with fewer planes, such as walls of buildings.
- Automatically register and align the point cloud using reference points, automatically extracted planes and in addition, the new version supports automatic registration using the top view (silhouette) of the scan.
- Reduces time and effort with automatic registration avoiding manual labor.
Support for Valve Modeling and Export to BIM Software
Pipe and valve model (right) created from the original point cloud data (left). Users can specify the type of valve to export to a BIM software.
- Added functionality for creating valves from the scanned point cloud and add attributes such as valve location and type in the piping group.
- Utilize the created valves as a system diagram when performing renewal construction.
- Reduce time for creating BIM models of pipes, valves, and 3D isometric drawings by exporting the models in IFC format or standard formats and importing the models into CAD systems.
Elysium has been developing and marketing interoperability solutions to the global market since 1984. With thousands of customers worldwide and millions of files translated, it has been approved that our technology is one and only. In the rapid increase of the demand to widely utilize 3D data, we provide solutions for multiple industries. We also have OEM partnerships with leading companies worldwide. Elysium currently supports data exchange between 3DEXPERIENCE, CATIA V4/V5, Creo Elements/Direct, Creo Parametric, Inventor, NX, NX I-deas, SOLIDWORKS and other multi-CAD systems. We specialize in technology that optimizes geometry such as geometry simplification, widely used by CAE users.
Elysium Co. Ltd. was founded in Hamamatsu, Japan, the site of its world headquarters. Its North American headquarters is located in Detroit, MI, USA and European operations are based in Paris, France. With more than 90 employees worldwide and a network of international partners and distributors, Elysium has become the solution of choice of many world-class companies in addressing their interoperability needs. For more information, visit http://www.elysium-global.com.