E-on Software Ships VUE 2014.5
May 21, 2014. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, maker of the leading solutions for Digital Nature, announced today the immediate availability of VUE 2014.5 xStream and Infinite, the latest production-driven version of its professional solutions for the creation, animation and rendering of natural 3D environments.
This new version is available for free to all VUE 2014 xStream and Infinite users, including users who are not under maintenance.
E-on software also announced that future versions of its products (the 2015 product line, scheduled for release in Q4 2014) will be 64bit only. The 2014.x line of products will be the last one to support 32bit OS architectures.
New features of VUE 2014.5
Specifically designed for graphics professionals, VUE xStream and VUE Infinite combine a multitude of cutting edge features that easily integrate into existing production pipelines. VUE Infinite operates as a standalone application while VUE xStream works seamlessly inside 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, LightWave and Cinema4D.
Release 2014.5 of VUE adds a number of new features including:
- Improved support for Plant Factory vegetation: Significant improvements were added in VUE 2014.5 to speed up the rendering of TPF plants – with a render-time gain of up to 20 times faster (advanced pre-computing of illumination on plants, improved illumination quality, etc…). Major improvements in the normal mapping algorithms also dramatically boost overall plant rendering quality. Better access to TPF plant published parameters and mesh resolution in the Plant Editor. Compatibility with Plant Factory 2014.5 lightweight preset technology…
- Improved Photometric Lights: To produce even more realistic renders with warmer light colors, the Photometric Light presets in VUE 2014.5 were improved and several new presets were added (such as Carbon Arc, Sodium Vapor, Metal Halide etc…).
- Light Portals: By helping VUE understand the way light enters indoor scenes, Light Portals greatly enhance the accuracy and quality of interior renders.
- Deeper interoperability: VUE xStream 2014.5 now supports Autodesk 2015 Media & Entertainment products (3ds Max 2015, Maya 2015 and Softimage 2015), and also adds support for V-Ray 3 for 3ds Max (support V-Ray 3 for Maya is under development). Several new Python callbacks were added for Terrains and EcoSystem management…
- And more…
VUE 2014.5 is available free of charge for all registered users of VUE 2014 xStream and Infinite (no maintenance plan required). VUE 2014 Infinite and xStream owners can immediately switch to VUE 2014.5 by downloading the latest software update for their product from www.e-onsoftware.com/updates.
VUE 2014.5 xStream retails for $1,995 (with one year maintenance), and upgrades from VUE 11.x xStream starting at $439. VUE 2014.5 Infinite retails for $1,495 (with one year maintenance), with upgrades from VUE 11.x Infinite starting at $359. Upgrades from VUE 10.x Infinite and VUE 10.x xStream are also available. Full pricing information is available at:
VUE 2014.5 xStream and VUE 2014.5 Infinite are available in English for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, and on Mac OSX 10.5+ (Mac Intel only), for both 32 and 64 bit.
VUE 2014.5 xStream is compatible with the following renderers:
- 3ds Max 2008 to 2015: MentalRay (integrated and MR satellites), V-Ray
- Maya 2008 to 2015: MentalRay (integrated and MR satellites), V-Ray, Maya Software
- Softimage | XSI 7.0 to 2015: MentalRay (integrated and MR satellites)
- Cinema 4D R11 to R15: native renderer
- LightWave 9.3 to 11.6: native renderer
*Other renderers are under consideration.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments (VUE, Plant Factory, Ozone and Carbon Scatter), as well as real-time immersive visualization tools for Architecture (LumenRT). Offering a wide array of Digital Nature products and applications, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as as as “Hunger Games”, “Hugo”, “Tintin”, “Super 8″, “Thor”, “Avatar”, “Clash of the Titans”, “Sucker Punch”, “Despicable Me 1&2″, “The Wolf Man”, “2012″, “Lovely Bones”, “GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra”, “Land of the Lost”, “Terminator 4, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”, “Indiana Jones 4″, “Monster Vs Aliens”, “Australia”, “The Spiderwick Chronicles”, “KungFu Panda”, “Pirates of the Caribbean 2″ and TV series such as “Spartacus”, “Smallville”, “Battlestar Gallactica”, “Caprica”, “Stargate Atlantis”, “Stargate Continuum”, and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software’s Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer’s creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning Digital Nature scenery.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with an European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.