E-on Releases VUE, PlantFactory 2016 R5
PARIS, France, Mar 27, 2018 – E-on software, a leading global developer of software for the creation, animation, rendering, and integration of natural 3D environments in the computer graphics, VFX, architecture, and gaming industries, announced the immediate availability of Release 5 (R5) of its VUE and PlantFactory 2016 software. The free trial versions of its VUE 2016 and PlantFactory 2016 R5 software are also immediately available.
Key New Features in VUE 2016 R5*
1) Export and interoperability improvements
- Level of detail (LOD) export for objects or group of objects
- User defined number of LODs to be exported
- Capability to export only one texture per LOD
- Export objects as billboards o
- Export options UI redesigned and simplified
- Export preview now supports PTex
- New PTex graph node available in the function graph
- Optional wind animation export when exporting PlantFactory vegetation as static meshes
- Up to 20x faster metaball/metablob baking to polygons process
- New Python callbacks for populating EcoSystem materials or asynchronous animation and still rendering
- VUE xStream now supports Autodesk 3ds Max 2019
2) UI/UX and navigation improvements
- Homogenized navigation manipulation throughout the whole UI.
- Reworked shortcut presets to mimic other 3D applications (such as Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Maxon Cinema4D)
- Added new user-configurable shortcuts and triggers for better UI/UX customizability
- Added mesh normal map quick color inversion (for both front and back faces)
- Added user defined aspect ratio for Panoramic (VR360 and VR180 – Stereoscopic or not) renders (e.g. for PlayStation VR support)
3) Environment mapping improvements
- New environment mapping modes: LightProbe, Cylindrical, Cube Map and Compact Cube Map completes the already existing Spherical and Hemispherical modes.
- New Dome Rotation Environment Mapping manipulation settings (replaces former Map Offset)
- Environment mapping UI redesigned
*Some features may not be available in all software versions.
Key new features in PlantFactory 2016 R5*
1) Creative Tools
- New fully featured Flower node together with additional metanode companion collection (2)
- User defined Twist parameter propagation between parent and child segments
- Improved displacement computation between trunk/branch transitions
2) Export and interoperability improvements
- Export options UI redesigned and simplified
- Alpha and color channels merged to a single .png image when exporting vegetation meshes, especially useful when exporting to game engines
- Optional fallback texture map output format for merged RGBA images
- Automatic cap creation for pruned branches
3) UI/UX and navigation improvements
- Normal map quick color inversion (for both front and back faces) for better DirectX compatibility
- Improved scene lighting manipulators, allows fixing the main scene light; light rotation axes are now scene based
- Camera angle for scene previews is now persistent
*PlantFactory Designer, Studio and Producer only.
Release 5 (R5) is available as a free software update for all registered users of VUE and PlantFactory 2016.
The 2016 R5 trial versions are also immediately available. Users can download the 2016 R5 trial versions at no charge from https://info.e-onsoftware.com/try.
All VUE and PlantFactory 2016 software titles are available in English, French and German and perform under all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (64 bit only), and Mac Intel (64 bit) for MacOSX 10.7+.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments (VUE, PlantFactory, CloudFactory Ozone and Carbon Scatter). E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as “Dr. Strange,” “Kubo and the 2 Strings,” “Jupiter Ascending,” “Minions,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Croods,” “Dragons 1&2,” “Hunger Games,” “Hugo,” “Tintin,” “Super 8,” “Thor,” “Avatar,” “Clash of the Titans,” “Sucker Punch,” “Despicable Me 1&2,” “The Wolf Man,” “2012,” “Lovely Bones,” “GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra,” “Land of the Lost,” “Terminator 4, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” “Indiana Jones 4,” “Monster Vs Aliens,” “Australia,” “The Spiderwick Chronicles,” “KungFu Panda,” “Pirates of the Caribbean 2″ and TV series such as “Spartacus,” “Smallville,” “Battlestar Gallactica,” “Caprica,” “Stargate Atlantis,” “Stargate Continuum,” “The Vampire Diaries” and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software’s Spotlights section: www.eonsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer’s creativity. By investing significant resources in research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning digital nature scenery.
In 2015, e-on software was acquired by Bentley Systems and now operates as an internal venture subsidiary.
E-on software is based in Paris, France. For more information visit http://www.eonsoftware.com.