e-on Offers VUE, PlantFactory ‘Solution’ Versions, Introduces Subscription Plans
PARIS, France, Dec 5, 2018 – e-on software, a leading global developer of software for the creation, animation, rendering, and integration of natural 3D environments in the computer graphics, VFX, architecture, and gaming industries, today unveils its highly anticipated new releases, together with a major overhaul of its business model and commercial offerings.
A New Beginning – New Business Model and Product Portfolio
Together with its recently unveiled corporate re-branding, e-on software has undertaken a radical twist in the way it operates its business. Based on feedback and requests from its community, e-on has revised its entire pricing structure and replaced its former dated upgrade and support programs in favor of a more coherent, modern, understandable and – more importantly – budget-friendly price grid.
The company is now offering its applications through three “solutions”, each dedicated to a specific artist profile. All three solutions bundle a version of VUE and PlantFactory, together with additional benefits depending on the chosen solution:
- Creator Solution, The Right Solution for Passionate Creators - comprises VUE Creator and PlantFactory Creator, a very economical yet powerful solution for artists to create natural 3D environments
- Professional Solution, The Right Solution for Productive Professionals - includes VUE and PlantFactory, a solution for professionals and freelancers to enhance their artwork at any point within their workflow
- Enterprise Solution, The Right Solution for Large Scale Production Houses - bundles VUE, PlantFactory, 25 RenderNodes network rendering licenses, and an ever-growing library of new vegetation species.
Each solution is now available through either a monthly subscription plan or an annual license.
|Creator Solution||Professional Solution||Enterprise Solution|
|Monthly subscription||$19.95/m||$75/m||$99/m Nodelocked
|Annual license||$199||$750||$990 Nodelocked
|Solution contents||VUE CreatorPlantFactory Creator||VUEPlantFactory||VUEPlantFactory25 RenderNodesPlant Library|
Creator and Professional Solutions subscription plans are placed under a “no-commitment” policy, meaning that users will have the possibility to cancel and restart their subscription at any time – no questions asked. Enterprise Solutions require a one-year minimum commitment policy.
Users of all three solutions will receive free updates and upgrades while their subscription is active, or before the expiration of their annual license. E-on continues its commitment to update the software with new features and technology improvements with every quarterly release.
Solutions Comparative Chart
E-on considered its core mantra, that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer’s creativity and took it one step further. The company has custom tailored its new solutions feature set based on a user persona. Therefore, the Creator Solution shares the exact same base procedural technologies, UI/UX and software performance optimizations with their respective counterparts. The differentiating factors coming from interoperability and pipeline integration technologies.
|Creator Solution||Professional Solution||Enterprise Solution|
|Core Procedural Creation features||All of it|
|UI/UX||All of it|
|Import||All you can eat|
|Python Scripting API||nope||yup!|
|Included RenderCows||5||Open Bar|
|Render size||4k||Sky’s the limit|
|Floating License||nope||nope||If you want|
New Features Highlights
E-on software has added some of its community’s most requested features to its new releases.
- Materials: VUE and PlantFactory are now fully compliant with the PBR metal/roughness workflow and includes a Specular to metal/roughness converter. Together with this new material type, both products natively support Allegorithmic’s Substance material format. The solutions ship with a set of ready-made Substance materials as well – compliments of Allegorithmic. Artists will benefit from a redesigned UV mapping algorithm for vegetation models, including the ability to export baked procedural materials to UV maps and UDIMs.
- Atmosphere and Clouds: praised as “one of the most creative features e-on has released in a long time” during the beta phases, the new convert to cloud technology enables Artists to convert any kind of 3D mesh to a standalone cloud – fully volumetrically textured. Users will finally be able to export 3D standalone clouds and volumetric cloud layers to other applications as industry standard OpenVDB volumes.
- UX/UI: one of the most noticeable change is the totally redesigned interface. All of the software icons were reworked and homogenized, in the principle that the software interface should never get in the way of the artist’s creative freedom. Many dialogs were reworked – including a major makeover for the material editor – to improve the user experience. Gamma handling is vastly improved to ensure compliance with linear workflows. Finally, software licensing is now based on the industry standard RLM library.
- Plant Catalog: Enterprise Solution includes a new procedural vegetation library that e-on will update regularly. These plants were designed by the company’s internal botanist – to make sure they are as physically and botanically correct. The initial collection comprises 20 totally new vegetation species that ship both in HD (high poly-count) and LD (smaller poly-count footprint) – fully textured. These are not just mere static vegetation models. Each procedural species is a plant engine that can serve to generate anything from game-ready vegetation to blockbusters Hero trees – of course, each created instance will be unique. Each species come with an abundance of presets, and each preset comes with its age variations. Best of all, since all of this is procedural – artists get access to all parameters and can customize everything.
The Creator, Professional and Enterprise solutions are immediately available from the company’s new e-commerce platform at https://store.e-onsoftware.com.
VUE and PlantFactory are available for Windows 7, 8 and 10 64 bit, and MacOS 10.10+ platforms. The integration plugins are compatible with Autodesk Maya 2015-2018, Autodesk 3ds Max 2015-2019, Maxon Cinema 4D R15-R19, and Newtek LightWave 11.6-2018.
A 30-day trial is also immediately available from https://info.e-onsoftware.com/try
For more information about e-on software solutions:
- For more information about VUE, visit www.info.e-onsoftware.com/more-info-vue
- For more information about PlantFactory, visit www.info.e-onsoftware.com/more-info-plantfactory
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments (VUE, PlantFactory, CloudFactory Ozone and Carbon Scatter). E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as Dr. Strange, Kubo and the 2 Strings, Jupiter Ascending, Minions, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Croods, Dragons 1&2, Hunger Games, Hugo, Tintin, Super 8, Thor, Avatar, Clash of the Titans, Sucker Punch, Despicable Me 1&2, The Wolf Man, 2012, Lovely Bones, GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra, Land of the Lost, Terminator 4, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Indiana Jones 4, Monster Vs Aliens, Australia, The Spiderwick Chronicles, KungFu Panda, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and TV series such as Spartacus, Smallville, Battlestar Gallactica, Caprica, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Continuum, The Vampire Diaries, and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software’s Spotlights section: https://info.e-onsoftware.com/meetourusers.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer’s creativity. By investing significant resources in research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user-friendly technologies that produce stunning digital nature scenery.
In 2015, e-on software was acquired by Bentley Systems and now operates as an internal venture subsidiary.
E-on software is based in Paris, France. For more information visit https://info.e-onsoftware.com/home.
Allegorithmic is the developer of Substance, the reference solution for parametric PBR materials. The company has gained international recognition for its flagship products: Substance Painter, the 3D painting software; Substance Designer, the tool for creating and editing digital materials; and Substance Source, the online reference library for high-quality textures. Originally coming from the Game & Film industries, where it has now a clear leadership, Allegorithmic is now becoming the reference solution in the fields of design & architecture. For more information, visit allegorithmic.com
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is a global leader in providing engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by comprehensive managed services offered through customized Success Plans.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,500 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $700 million in annual revenues, and since 2012 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions. For more information, visit www.bentley.com.