DP Tech to Unveil ESPRIT Additive Suite at EMO, Hannover, Sep 18-23
CAMARILLO, CA, Aug 15, 2017 – DP Technology announced the world premiere of the ESPRIT Additive Suite – a comprehensive 3D printing solution that delivers high levels of efficiency and accuracy, while simplifying the time-consuming additive manufacturing process into a few easy steps. The ESPRIT Additive Suite delivers machine-optimized job files and complete control of the additive manufacturing process for both direct metal deposition machines and 3D powder bed fusion systems. The software will make its debut at EMO Hannover, September 18-23, with general end-user availability expected in mid-2018.
Designed to simplify the additive manufacturing process from 3D CAD model to printed part, the ESPRIT Additive Suite will feature programming, optimization and simulation for direct metal deposition, 3D powder bed, and subtractive manufacturing.
“This decade has been characterized by the widespread, mainstream use of 5-axis machining processes, but we are about to enter the decade of additive: within 10 years, we anticipate that 10 percent of machines will have additive capabilities,” says Chuck Mathews, chief technology officer and executive vice president at DP Technology. “We are redefining the meaning of ‘full-spectrum’ with the ESPRIT Additive Suite, which provides a new workflow and new process for a new class of machines, both additive and hybrid.”
Direct metal deposition
For hybrid machine tools – CNC machines with additive capabilities – the ESPRIT Additive app for direct metal deposition offers integrated programming and simulation for multi-tasking, multi-function, multi-channel additive and subtractive machine tools, all integrated within the ESPRIT CAM system. Features of the ESPRIT Additive Suite for direct metal deposition tools include:
- Specialized trajectories for additive processes and full-spectrum toolpaths for subtractive processes
- Simulation and verification for both additive and subtractive processes
- Universal post processing for any CNC machine tool
3D powder bed fusion
The ESPRIT Additive app for 3D powder bed fusion systems is a versatile printer driver that supports the full process of additive manufacturing, from orienting the part and creating supports, to optimizing the build, slicing and nesting, to generating a job file. Features of the ESPRIT Additive app for 3D powder bed fusion systems include:
- A new Part-to-Build workflow: To manufacture a part, a 3D CAD file is combined with manufacturing information and converted into a job file containing all the information necessary to build a part on a specific machine. The ESPRIT Part-to-Build workflow – essentially a portable, reusable print driver – allows an intermediary Part-to-Build file to be created and reused in other job files without redefining the manufacturing information. This creates traceability, saves time and improves consistency.
- Knowledge Management enables interactive problem-solving and ongoing knowledge sharing with other members of the manufacturing community – fostering process improvement and enhanced decision-making through the use of automated rules and best practices.
- An additive process control app allows seamless information sharing among multiple users within a company. The app stores information including original 3D CAD files, Part-to-Build files and job files, as well as post-build information, such as user comments, build results and machine log files.
- Thermal simulation of the build process to foresee potential part distortion
- Optimized nesting for multi-part builds
Both the ESPRIT Additive Suite apps for direct metal deposition machines and 3D powder bed systems feature the ability to work directly with native 3D CAD files. And, like the ESPRIT CAM system, the Additive Suite is backed by full-time support from ESPRIT-certified application engineers.
To learn more about the ESPRIT Additive Suite, visit DP Technology at EMO, September 18-23, at Hannover Fairgrounds Hall 25, Stand D25. For more information, visit www.espritadditive.com.