Dassault to Hold Annual Manufacturing Event on Sep 19-23 in Shanghai
VELIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France, Sep 17, 2018 - Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) will explore how turning supply chains into value networks enables the industry to imagine and produce sustainable experiences, at Manufacturing in the Age of Experience, its annual event for industry decision makers, influencers and 3DEXPERIENCE platform users. The event will take place in Shanghai during the China International Industry Fair, September 19-23, 2018.
Demos, virtual experiences, panel discussions, customer testimonials, and workshops will delve into strategies and tactics for changing the business of manufacturing in the context of today’s global Industry Renaissance, where new categories of industrials are creating new categories of solutions for new categories of consumers.
“The Industry Renaissance extends beyond digitalizing manufacturing to combine virtual worlds with real operations. Its transformations are occurring so fast that companies must either embrace it today or disappear tomorrow,” said Florence Verzelen, Executive Vice President, Industry Solutions, Field Marketing, and Global Affairs, Dassault Systèmes. “Leaders are separated from everyone else by the speed at which they can develop insights from real-world big data and incorporate those insights into the knowledge and know-how they use to create and deliver experiences. Manufacturing in the Age of Experience is designed for manufacturers that are ready to rethink their production for 21st-century sustainable innovation.”
This year’s event features a two-day Executive Learning Expedition for decision makers. Among the highlights is “Manufacturing in Action,” interactive technical and strategic workshops structured around a virtual and real production line in partnership with McKinsey & Company’s Digital Capability Center and Tsinghua University. These workshops will address the use of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform for IoT and manufacturing analytics, supply chain optimization, manufacturing engineering, production execution, and lean management.
A plenary session will deliver industry insights on future manufacturing trends, achieving operational excellence, and embracing the manufacturing shift, from Dassault Systèmes, its partners, its customers, and industry thought leaders including:
- Dr. Karel Eloot, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Professor Li Zheng, Ph.D., Supervisor and Vice President, Tsinghua University
- Dr. Michael Grieves, Executive Director, Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Innovative Design (CAMID), Florida Institute of Technology
- Laurent Champaney, President, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Arts et Métiers
- Christian Neckelmann Reventlow, Head of Vestas Manufacturing Systems, Vestas
- Bruno Latchague, Senior Executive Vice President, Global Field Operations Americas, Global Brands, Indirect Channels, Dassault Systèmes
- Florence Verzelen, Executive Vice President, Industry Solutions, Field Marketing, and Global Affairs, Dassault Systèmes
- Guillaume Vendroux, CEO, DELMIA, Dassault Systèmes
In parallel, Dassault Systèmes will exhibit at CIIF (China International Industry Fair), booth A131-Hall 7.2, where 3DEXPERIENCE platform users can participate in demonstrations and virtual reality experiences to discover how virtual worlds help them to reduce risk, improve and predict operational performance, remove barriers between potential business partners and enable new business models, and train tomorrow’s workforce.
For more information:
- To register: https://events.3ds.com/manufacturing-age-of-experience
- Manufacturing in the Age of Experience: https://ifwe.3ds.com/manufacturing/#strategy
- The Industry Renaissance: https://ifwe.3ds.com/industry-renaissance
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 220, 000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.