Creaform Releases Pipecheck v5.1 for NDT Testing in Oil and Gas Industry
LEVIS, QC, Canada, Jun 12, 2019 – Creaform, a worldwide leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, announced the release of Pipecheck 5.1, a major upgrade to the most sophisticated non-destructive testing (NDT) software on the market for pipeline integrity inspections in the oil and gas industry.
Pipecheck 5.1 is compatible with the recently released HandySCAN BLACK, the latest generation of Creaform’s HandySCAN 3D portable 3D scanners. When used in conjunction with the HandySCAN BLACK, Pipecheck 5.1 offers:
- 3X the speed: Inspectors can benefit from exceptionally high measurement speeds, thanks to 11 blue laser crosses that decrease the time between surface acquisition and workable files.
- 4X resolution: With high-performance optics and blue laser technology, the Pipecheck solution provides unmatched resolution to capture even the minutest external pipe defects (corrosion, dents and mechanical damage).
- Unprecedented versatility: Users can perform assessments on any type of surface, including complex and shiny components, as well as in any harsh indoor or outdoor environment.
- Extremely high accuracy: Regardless of the conditions in which that data is captured, HandySCAN BLACK and Pipecheck software offer the highest accuracy possible, despite sun, dust or rain.
- Impressive ease of use: Pipecheck software and HandySCAN BLACK can be used by all pipeline inspectors, regardless of their levels of experience and expertise. What’s more: its simplicity and reliability ensure that inspection results are completely independent of the user.
“For many years, Pipecheck has been the go-to NDT software for the oil and gas industry. It allows for highly reliable surface damage diagnostics on both the inner and outer linings of pipes for the entire pipeline lifecycle,” explained Daniel Brown, Creaform’s Director of Product Management. “Pipeline integrity and safety is definitely top-of-mind across all stakeholders, including manufacturers, pipeline operators, researchers, communities and special-interest groups. Pipecheck 5.1 and HandySCAN BLACK are undoubtedly the most powerful technology solutions to mitigate the risk of pipeline damage and ensuring regulatory compliance.”
For more information on the use of Pipecheck software and 3D scanning for pipeline integrity assessments, try Creaform’s Pipecheck demo.
Creaform develops, manufactures, and sells 3D portable and automated measurement technologies and specializes in engineering services. The company offers innovative solutions for applications such as 3D scanning, reverse engineering, quality control, non-destructive testing, product development, and numerical simulation (FEA/CFD). Its products and services cater to a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, heavy industries, healthcare, manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, research and education.
With headquarters and manufacturing operations in Lévis, Québec, Creaform operates innovation centers in Lévis and Grenoble France, and has direct sales operations in Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Singapore. Creaform is a part of AMETEK Ultra Precision Technologies, a division of AMETEK Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, with annual sales of $4.3 billion. For more information, visit creaform3d.com.