Cradle Releases SC/Tetra, scSTREAM, and HeatDesigner V12 CFD Software
June 23, 2015: Software Cradle a leading provider of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software including SC/Tetra (general purpose unstructured mesh), scSTREAM (general purpose Cartesian mesh), and HeatDesigner (Cartesian mesh for electronics). Since inception in 1984, Cradle has established itself as a major innovator that is advancing the role of simulation in engineering design. Cradle’s software products are well known for ease of use, exceptionally fast and powerful meshing, efficient solvers, sophisticated physical models, and professional post processing. Cradle’s worldwide presence consists of offices in Japan, North America, France, and a network of distributors servicing and supporting all parts of the globe.
SC/Tetra is general purpose, unstructured grid CFD software used when accurate geometrical representation is critical to the design solution. SC/Tetra V12 contains many new features including:
- Single pitch shape extraction for centrifugal pumps that significantly reduces calculation time and cost
- An optional Smart Blades tool that can parametrically create, solve, and post-process axial fan designs
- Automated parametric studies
- Shape optimization using the Adjoint Method that can be used to optimize geometrical shape to minimize or maximize force, e.g. determining the optimized aerodynamic shape to minimize drag force
- HeatPathView to visually display energy flows and heat balances in a thermal system
- and much more.
For more details about SC/Tetra V12 features click here.
scSTREAM is general purpose, structured grid CFD software used when exact geometry details do not strongly influence the overall flow field. HeatDesigner is specially designed structure grid CFD software for electronics cooling. New V12 features for scSTREAM/HeatDesigner include:
- Expanded capabilities for the cut cell function that slices off portions of Cartesian elements to more accurately simulate non-Cartesian geometries. One of the new capabilities in V12 enable improved prediction of flow separation. Another enables cut cell to be used with multiblock
- Enhanced radiation capabilities to accommodate diffuse transmittance
- Improved particle tracking including particle adhesion to moving objects, conversion to condensate, and particle tracking in a multiblock mesh
- scSTREAM/HeatDesigner now supports Unicode that eliminates garbled text no matter what language setting is used
- and much more
For more details about scSTREAM and HeatDesigner V12 features click here.