CorelCAD 2018 Released for Mac, Windows
OTTAWA, ON, Canada, Dec 12, 2017 – Introducing CorelCAD 2018, the latest version of Corel’s professional and affordable solution for 2D drawing, 3D modeling, and 3D printing. Available for Mac and Windows, CorelCAD 2018 offers an advanced toolset and enhanced user interface to bring efficiency to any technical design workflow. Enriched 3D editing and productivity tools, including new capabilities when working with tables and dynamic custom coordinate systems, enable new and longtime users to solve any design challenge. Complete with .DWG file support, CorelCAD 2018 ensures compatibility with all major CAD programs.
“Technical designers choose CorelCAD because it delivers the robust and advanced capabilities they need without the high cost typically associated with professional CAD software. With CorelCAD 2018, we’ve focused on accelerating the CAD workflow with new features that are more natural and intuitive than ever,” said Klaus Vossen, Senior Product Manager for Technical Graphics at Corel.
CorelCAD 2018 delivers new design capabilities to speed up and simplify any 2D design or 3D modeling workflow:
- ENHANCED! 3D solid editing: Save valuable design time with faster on-screen editing tools. The enhanced EntityGrips and Properties palette allow for 3D editing and provide intuitive manipulation capabilities in 3D that were previously only available in 2D.
- NEW! Advanced Table tools: In tables, you can now add formulas to cells using arithmetic operators and the Sum, Average, and Count functions. Use the new ExportTable command to export tables in a comma separated format (CSV) for import in Microsoft Excel or database applications.
- NEW! Helix tool: Increase the shaping possibilities using the new Helix tool to create 2D spirals and 3D helixes. A huge time-saver for designers in architecture and engineering, the Helix tool makes it simple to create spiral staircases and manufacturing designs like springs, screws, and bolts.
- NEW! MultiLeader tool: Draw, edit, and configure callouts with multiple leader lines. Add and remove leader lines to and from the MultiLeaders to make adjustments and edits as the drawing changes.
- NEW! Dynamic Custom Coordinate System (CCS): Significantly speed up and streamline any 3D design workflow with a new dynamic and intuitive method for editing and adding elements to 3D models.
- NEW! File format support: Increase project sharing and ensure worry-free collaboration with the ability to read the AutoCAD R2018 .DWG file format.
- NEW! Productivity enhancements: Streamline any workflow with the Copy command to quickly copy selected objects to the active layer instead of the source layer. Use the enhanced Paste command to paste content from the clipboard to the active layer instead of the source layer, or choose the Shift + Arrow keys to move selected entities with a specific increment.
- NEW! Manage Block Attribute Properties and Settings: Use the new Block Attribute Manager to edit the Block Attribute properties and settings in Block (symbol) definitions in an intuitive UI.
- ENHANCED! Performance: Get a faster response time thanks to a newly optimized CAD engine, powered by ARES.
Pricing & Availability
CorelCAD 2018 is available now in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian-Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Pricing is $699 USD / $875 CAD / £799.99 / €829.99 for the full version and $199 USD / $249 CAD / £232.99 / €239.99 for the upgrade. UK and Euro prices include VAT. Education and volume licenses are available.
For the first time, CorelCAD 2018 will also be offered via subscription from the Mac App Store. Available in the coming weeks, monthly subscriptions will be priced at $34.99 USD and an annual subscription is available for the equivalent of just $25 USD per month. Please check regional app stores for local pricing.
Coming Soon: CorelCAD Mobile for iOS and Android
In addition to the new CorelCAD 2018 for Windows and Mac, Corel is introducing its first-ever CorelCAD Mobile app for iOS and an updated CorelCAD Mobile app for Android. Available from the iOS App Store and Google Play in the coming weeks, CorelCAD Mobile brings the power to design and annotate to mobile devices. More information available shortly.
CorelCAD is an affordable and powerful CAD software solution for precise 2D drafting and 3D design. With industry-standard CAD features and advanced .DWG support, it is a true CAD solution for architectural and engineering as well as mechanical CAD needs. Boasting some of the industry’s bestknown brands, Corel’s product lines also include CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, CorelDRAW Technical Suite, Painter, PaintShop Pro, VideoStudio, MindManager, Roxio, Pinnacle, and WinZip.
For more information about CorelCAD software, visit www.coreldraw.com/corelcad.