CIMdata to Host Free Webinar on SAP-Siemens Partnership
ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Aug 11, 2020 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) strategic management consulting and research firm, announces an upcoming free educational webinar, “Putting the SAP-Siemens Partnership in Context.” The webinar will take place on Tuesday, 18 August 2020, at 11:00 a.m. (EDT) and will last for one hour.
On 14 July, two of CIMdata’s PLM Mindshare leaders, SAP and Siemens, announced a momentous partnership. Based on a series of briefings and follow-up discussions, the full details of the partnership are still being worked out. This webinar will not focus on the technical aspects of the partnership but will seek to put it in a market and strategic context.
This webinar will help attendees:
- Better understand core concepts like the digital thread, digital twin, and Industry 4.0.
- Learn how Siemens Digital Industries Software and SAP positioned themselves for the market before the announcement and what roles each will play in enabling a “true digital thread” as described in the press release.
- Gain an understanding of how the partnership relates to the Industry 4.0 vision pursued by both industrial companies and firms in the PLM Economy.
According to Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Vice President, and the host for this webinar, “SAP and Siemens, two long-time leaders in the PLM market, have come together in one of the biggest partnership announcements in this market in a long time. They see their work together better enabling ‘a true digital thread’ an important topic to many industrial companies today. While the market widely embraces the concept, given the plethora of contributing applications and processes, a comprehensive digital thread can be problematic to achieve. Siemens brings a leading position in the PLM market, and SAP is a global leader in the broader enterprise applications market that also competes in PLM.”
Mr. Przybylinski has over 30 years of experience in the development of business-enabling IT solutions for research, engineering, and manufacturing organizations worldwide. He has worked in R&D, marketing, and communications with both Fortune 100 companies and small organizations. Stan is responsible for CIMdata’s research agenda, including the CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report series. He has been directly involved with the selection, consulting, integration, and implementation of large-scale PLM solutions. He has also worked on projects for both PLM solution providers and end-user organizations in the automotive, aerospace, consumer packaged goods, high-tech, and medical devices industries. He has spoken on PLM-related topics in Europe, North America, and Asia.
This webinar will be useful to product planners and managers, product portfolio managers, PLM team leaders, PLM team members, PLM users, product managers, IT leadership, solution providers, and anyone who wants to understand better the partnership and how it might impact the market.
During the webinar, attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions about the topics discussed.
- To find out more, visit: https://www.cimdata.com/en/education/educational-webinars/putting-the-sap-siemens-partnership-in-context.
- To register for this webinar, please visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3499034535821298703.