CIMdata to Host Free Webinar on PLM in Medical Devices
ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Jan 10, 2020 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces an upcoming free educational webinar, “PLM in Medical Devices.” The webinar will take place on Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. (EST) and will last for one hour.
To be successful, medical device companies must get to market quickly in order to benefit from the “first-mover” advantage. Some factors are outside the company’s control, for example, the work of regulatory bodies. As a result, medical device manufacturers have to balance speed to get to regulatory submission and commercialization with the need for regulatory compliance. Regulatory compliance requires the “production” and “assembly” of data and documentation during the entire lifecycle of the product, which takes time.
This webinar will consider how the production and assembly of documents and data for compliance can be automated. It will show how the concepts of “digital twin” and “digital thread” can be applied and leveraged to accomplish this.
Attendees at this webinar will:
- Improve their understanding of PLM at all levels of the organization.
- Gain an understanding of how PLM ownership and governance should be established and maintained.
- Recognize the importance of business systems architecture for PLM.
- Learn why defining and governing a product record (and data architecture) is important.
- Find out how to lessen the burden of producing and assembling documents for compliance.
- Understand how PLM can help accelerate product development and compliance.
- Learn how to prepare an organization for PLM.
- Recognize the dependencies of people, process, and technology for PLM.
According to CIMdata Executive Consultant and host for this webinar Mr. Vinu Gurukar, “In reality, most device companies have not realized the benefits that can be had from PLM. The big question is why and what does it take to define and successfully execute a PLM strategy in a medical device company? In this webinar I will show how PLM can be successful in medical devices.”
With 20+ years of experience in software-enabled business process improvements in the medical device, automotive, and high-tech industries, Mr. Gurukar is uniquely qualified to address the challenges faced by medical device companies and their use of PLM and the digital transformation it enables. While heading up the PLM program for a major global medical device company Mr. Gurukar was responsible for rolling out new product development and the introduction of processes and systems to enable the company to become the fastest developer of differentiated, safe, and compliant products in the medical device industry.
This webinar will be of interest to executives, directors, and managers engaged in product development, quality, regulatory affairs, manufacturing, supply chain and IT, PLM team leaders and team members, business analysts, systems architects, data architects, solution architects, organizational change management experts, software validation experts, and anyone who wants to learn about how PLM can be beneficial for medical device companies.
During the webinar attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions about the topics discussed.
- To find out more, visit: https://www.cimdata.com/en/education/educational-webinars/webinar-plm-for-medical-devices.
- To register for this webinar please visit: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4613028924051675138.