CIMdata Publishes PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report
ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Jul 26, 2018 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report, the third of five modules of the CIMdata 2018 Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2017. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM solution providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
“The PLM market grew to $43.7 billion overall in 2017, 7.6% growth over 2016, greater than our forecast” according to Mr. Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Vice President. “SI/Reseller/VAR and EDA were somewhat unexpected stars and Simulation & Analysis was strong yet again. Looking toward 2022, CIMdata forecasts the PLM market to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% to $61.0 billion.”
Companies make PLM investments in many different areas and with many types of solutions including mechanical CAD, simulation and analysis, visualization and collaboration, building design, and others. This diversity is reflected in the different solution providers to the PLM market and in the fact that no single type of provider dominates the industry. In 2017, a number of providers generated substantial revenues that represent PLM-related investments. Sixteen providers generated PLM revenues in excess of $500 million from both the tools and the cPDm segments. Three solution providers, Dassault Systèmes, PTC, and Siemens PLM Software, are major providers of both tools (such as MCAD) and cPDm technology while others, such as Autodesk and Cadence, are primarily tool providers that focus on specific segments within the overall market. Companies who derived the most revenues from the PLM market are shown in the figure below. It illustrates the breadth of companies that participate in the overall PLM market, even though they may not all compete directly with each other.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2018 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2017, forecasts of investments for 2018 through 2022, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2017.
- The CIMdata 2018 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2017, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2018 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2017 through 2022.
- The CIMdata 2018 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2017 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2017 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2018 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2017 market results. CIMdata’s 2017 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process—petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure, and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. It is also available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Gold Membership. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.