CIMdata Publishes PLM Geography Analysis Report
ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Aug 24, 2018 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Geography Analysis Report, the fifth of five modules of the CIMdata 2018 PLM Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2017. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The PLM market grew to $43.7 billion overall in 2017 (7.6% growth over 2016). For 2017, EMEA had 34% of the PLM market, with the Americas at 38%, and Asia-Pacific with 28%. The Americas region is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% to reach $23.1 billion in 2022. EMEA and AP will have CAGRs of 6.4% and 7.6% respectively. EMEA will grow to $20.3billion and AP will reach $17.6 billion in 2021.
“The global PLM market grew strongly in 2017, above our forecasts,” states Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata VP, and research lead. “The leading PLM solution providers are consolidating their portfolios after years of acquisitions, and increasing revenues in 2017, in part, by expanding their footprints at their existing clients. Industrial companies are using PLM to enable highly collaborative, distributed, flexible design and manufacturing environments to help better manage the entire product or plant lifecycle. This ability is critical to all industries and only becomes more complex as smart, connected products must act as parts of larger systems. Another big driver of PLM growth is the push toward digital transformation and Industry 4.0, which must be powered by strong PLM strategies and enabling solution in manufacturing companies.”
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2018 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2017, forecasts of investments for 2018 through 2022, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2017.
- The CIMdata 2018 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2017, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2018 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2017 through 2022.
- The CIMdata 2018 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2017 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2017 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2018 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2017 market results. CIMdata’s 2017 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process—petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. It is also available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Gold Membership. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at https://www.cimdata.com/en/research/plm-market-analysis-report-series.