CIMdata Publishes 2020 PLM Geography Analysis Report
ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Jul 15, 2020 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces the release of the CIMdata PLM Geography Analysis Report, the fourth of five modules of the CIMdata 2020 PLM Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2019. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The PLM market grew to $51.5 billion overall in 2019 (7.7% growth over 2018). For 2019, EMEA had 33.7% of the PLM market, with the Americas at 38.1%, and Asia-Pacific with 28.2%. The Americas region is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6% to reach $26.3 billion in 2024. EMEA and AP will have CAGRs of 5.2% and 6.2%, respectively. EMEA will grow to $22.4 billion, and AP will reach $19.6 billion in 2024.
Geographical Distribution of PLM Revenues—History and Forecast
“The global PLM market grew strongly in 2019, just below our forecasts,” states Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata Vice President and research lead. “The leading PLM solution providers continue to consolidate their portfolios after years of acquisitions. They increased revenues in 2019, in part, by expanding their footprints at their existing clients. Industrial companies are using PLM to enable highly collaborative, distributed, flexible design, and manufacturing environments to help better manage the entire product or plant lifecycle. This ability is critical to all industries and only becomes more complex as smart, connected products must act as parts of larger systems. Another big driver of PLM growth is the push toward digital transformation and Industry 4.0, which must be powered by strong PLM strategies and enabling solutions in manufacturing companies. Autodesk’s continued strong growth played a big role, particularly in segments where they are strong like mechanical computer-aided design and architecture, engineering, and construction.”
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series comprises five modules:
- The CIMdata 2020 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2019, forecasts of investments for 2020 through 2024, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2019.
- The CIMdata 2020 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end-user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2019, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium terms, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2020 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments in 2019, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2020 through 2024.
- The CIMdata 2020 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2019 market results, by major geography. The report offers CIMdata’s 2019 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. Also, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2020 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2019 market results. The report provides CIMdata’s 2019 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm for ten different industry sectors: aerospace and defense, automotive and other transportation, electronics/telecommunications, fabrication and assembly, process-packaged goods, process—petrochemical, utilities, construction, infrastructure, and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set, or each module can be purchased separately. Parts of the MAR are available as part of CIMdata’s Community Memberships. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.