CIMdata Publishes 2019 Executive PLM Market Report
ANN ARBOR, MI, USA, Jun 7, 2019 – CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces the release of the CIMdata 2019 Executive PLM Market Report. This report provides an executive-level view of CIMdata’s comprehensive analysis of the PLM market, with summary charts on the overall market and on specific PLM solution segments (including the chart below). It also includes perspectives on current trends in the PLM industry and how they may affect current suppliers and investments.
Distribution of 2018 PLM Revenue by Market Sector (US$ Millions)
While the global economy has moderated since the slump in 2009, the PLM Economy, as measured in our PLM market analysis, has continued to grow. In the calendar year 2018, the PLM market grew to $47.8 billion overall, 9.4% growth over 2017. “The PLM market, and most segments saw solid growth in 2018, well over our forecast,” stated Mr. Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Vice President. “Simulation and Analysis (S&A) continued its run of strong growth at 12.7%. Autodesk’s emergence through their license model transition, and it’s 25% year on year growth as a company, helped segments where they are strong, like Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) and MCAD-Design Focused grow well above their historical norms. We expect the move toward smart, connected products to continue growth in S&A, software development tools, and electronic design automation (EDA).”
This report is the first of five modules of the CIMdata 2019 Market Analysis Report Series to be released. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during the calendar year 2018. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2019 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2018, forecasts of investments for 2019 through 2023, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2018.
- The CIMdata 2019 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2018, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2019 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, CAM S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2019 through 2023.
- The CIMdata 2019 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2018 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2018 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2019 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2018 market results. CIMdata’s 2019 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process—petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. Parts of the MAR are available as part of CIMdata’s PLM Community Memberships. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.