C3D Labs Launches C3D Toolkit 2018 with Updated Geometric Kernel for Engg Software Development
Update features new versions of geometric kernel, solver, and converter, plus new modules
Moscow, Russia: June 28, 2018 –C3D Labs is pleased to announce that its updated software toolkit is now shipping. In the latest version of C3D Toolkit for engineering software development, developers focused on expanding the number of functions available, increasing its speed, and implementing user requests.
C3D Toolkit 2018 consists of the updated C3D Modeler 2018 geometric kernel, C3D Solver 2018 parametric kernel, and C3D Converter 2018 data exchange module. In addition, new modules were announced.
What’s New in C3D Modeler 2018
C3D Labs gave particular attention to optimizing algorithms and multithreading. As a result, developers achieved significant performance improvements in calculating mass-inertia properties and the forming of projections for some specific groups of models.
The 2018 release of C3D Modeler also adds the following important features:
- Continued development of compound shapes
- Fillet construction that handles many new types of fillet construction, such as the new full-round fillet function that implements three-face fillets
- G2 continuity for ensuringsmooth junctions across surfaces when using multiple guide lines
- Crosssections that transform when moving them along guide curves
The bending of traditional sheet metal bodies offers the simplification of flat patterns and the addition of reinforcement ribs on sheet metal bends. In addition, a bend function — unique among geometric kernels — handles the bending of non-sheet bodies. This feature was requested by developers of cabinets and interior designs and will prove useful to other areas of CAD, as well.
What’s New in C3D Solver 2018
The performance of the solver has increased by 30%on average. The 2018 release of C3D Solver adds the following features:
- 2D solver introduces rigid sets
- Behavior of under-determined drawingsis optimized
- G2 continuity is ensuredbetween 2D curves
- Symmetry of many objects is accelerated, as are operations involving interpreted splines
- Dragging is optimized with a new algorithm that determineswhich parts of the drawing to freeze
What’s New in C3D Converter 2018
The primary innovation in C3D Converter is its ability to convert data without needing access to files: users can now import models from the buffer.This works for all formats that employ boundary representations.
The 2018 release of C3D Converter also adds the following features:
- The curve transfer functionis expanded
- The latest versions of formats are supported, such as Parasolid imports up to Version 29, and the range of supported JT versions are expanded from 8.0 to 10.x
- The Parasolid Converter implements the import and export of wire frames
- The JT Converter now supports curves in polygons and dots
Also New in C3D Toolkit 2018
Common to all C3D Toolkit 2018 modules is support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, Clang 5.0, GCC 5.4, and the FreeBSD operating system.
C3D Labs plans to introduce two more modules this fall. The C3D Vision visualization module will be the fourth component of the C3D Toolkit, while the completely new C3D Mesh2Brep module is designed to handle the transformation of polygonal models in boundary representations.
C3D Toolkit 2018 and all of its modules are available for testing in your programming environment at no charge. For details, seehttp://c3dlabs.com/en/evaluation/.
About C3D Labs
C3D Labs specializes in the technology-intensive market of software components. The company was founded in 2012 by ASCON Group, a well-known CAD and PLM developer in Russia, who began development of the C3D kernel in 1995.
C3D Labs today develops the C3D Toolkit for the computer-aided design industry to construct and edit precise 3D models. As a tool for software developers, C3D Toolkit is the only package to incorporate all four modules critical to CAD: 2D/3D modeling, 2D/3D constraint solving, 3D visualization, and file conversion.
phone: +7 495 783 2560, ex. 2130