Bentley’s CONNECT Edition of SITEOPS Advances Site Design Optioneering
Bentley Systems announces the CONNECT Edition of SITEOPS, a cloud service for conceptual and preliminary site design. The CONNECT Edition provides a common environment for comprehensive project delivery and connects users, projects, and enterprises. Key new capabilities of the SITEOPS CONNECT Edition include:
- · Publishing of i-models or PDFs to the Personal Share, a CONNECT Edition cloud service, so that they can be shared with others or easily acccessed with mobile devices
- · The SITEOPS Documentation Center, which helps users progress conceptual designs to final plans and create all documents needed for project review and production
- · One click creation of a LiveCube that can then be used natively within LumenRT to create highly realistic presentations and animations by adding seasonal trees, moving vehicles, animated characters, wind-blown skies and more
SITEOPS is a powerful differentiator for site design and land development firms that seek to parametrically optimize site designs that include:
- · 3D terrain models putting all planned infrastructure into positional context
- · Layout of buildings, parking lots and access routes, utilities, and more.
- · Grading and drainage plans
- · Detailed cost estimates
To use SITEOPS, engineers upload a digital terrain model of the proposed site and enter design requirements such as building footprints, parking requirements, setbacks, roadway parameters and other constraints. SITEOPS weighs hundreds of thousands of options, and provides the most cost-effective grading and storm water drainage plan that meets the specified design constraints. The number of possibilities considered, and therefore the most effective solution, would simply not be possible through the use of manual design alternative methodologies. Work that may have taken days previously can now be completed in a few hours.
Manhard Consulting, an engineering firm located in Chicago, Illinois USA depends on SITEOPS to create site layouts and grading designs that both keep earthwork and grading costs to a minimum and compress the overall project time line. “SITEOPS ensures that critical decisions are made at an accelerated pace…delivering a project within the client time frame would have been virtually impossible without the software,” said Frederick Thaete, Director of Engineering, Manhard Consulting.
Article/Guest Post by Bentley Systems
Above Image - provided by Bentley Systems