Autodesk Unveils 2015 Design Suites in India to provide Unsurpassed Value for Subscribers
- Expanding Portfolio Combines Tighter Integration with Autodesk 360 Cloud Services & Powerful AutoCAD Enhancements with Convenient, Flexible Subscription Options
- · Includes AutoCAD 2015, the Most Advanced Version of its Flagship Software
India, April 30, 2014 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) today announced the release of its Autodesk 2015 Design Suites in India, featuring tighter integration with Autodesk cloud services. – The 2015 Design Suites offer customers the ability to collaborate, simulate, analyze and more, with just one click from within the suite.
Each Autodesk 2015 Design Suite includes AutoCAD 2015, the most advanced version of the software. AutoCAD 2015 comes with a new interface and enhanced productivity tools that will enable customers to experience a new standard in design and documentation. Additionally, Autodesk Subscription offers customers even more convenient, flexible ways to access necessary tools as per their requirements, to help grow their business. Autodesk subscription connects customers with software updates, services and support that help get the most out of their investment in Autodesk software now and in the future.
Pradeep Nair, Managing director, Autodesk, India and SAARC said, “The Autodesk portfolio now has something for everyone who is involved in the design and making of products and projects. Users will notice a significant difference in how much easier it is to get their work done with the Autodesk 2015 Design Suites. And with Autodesk Subscription, users get flexible options to utilize cloud services for design.”
Productivity-Boosting Enhancements for All Suites
New features and functionality have been added to the 2015 family of Autodesk Design Suites:
- · Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite offers a refined visual interface, better point cloud support to bring the real world into the AutoCAD canvas, and easier ways to work with online maps and other geographic location information.
- · Autodesk Building Design Suite delivers better integration with BIM 360 cloud services, enhanced point cloud capabilities, and numerous customer requested improvements for Autodesk Revit, including a new sketchy lines feature, ability to include imagery in schedules, enhanced hidden lines capability and more.
- · Autodesk Factory Design Suite introduces easier moves from 2D AutoCAD drawings to 3D factory layouts with streamlined transitions from legacy workflows; point cloud support for “as is” facility capture; extended use of Factory Design data; and enhancements to Factory Design Mobile app.
- · Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite includes major enhancements to AutoCAD Civil 3D software, including improved user interface, greater flexibility for corridor modeling, more efficient creation of profiles layouts, better production drafting, and simpler ways to create custom subassemblies.
- · Autodesk Plant Design Suite rolls out significant enhancements to AutoCAD Plant 3D software, including center of gravity, bill of materials (BOM), fixed length pipe modeling, piping and instrumentation drawing (P&ID), and isometric improvements.
- · Autodesk Product Design Suite launches with exceptional modeling capabilities, a new user experience, and workflow enhancements.
- · Autodesk Maya 2015 software adds new capabilities to the toolset such as the new Bifrost procedural effects platform; XGen Arbitrary Primitive Generator; Geodesic Voxel Binding method; ShaderFX, a new node-based visual interface; support for Pixar’s OpenSubdiv libraries; enhanced polygon modeling tools; and expanded UV options
Actual features and functionality vary by edition (Standard, Premium, Ultimate) of each suite. Visit the In the Fold Autodesk blogfor more in-depth details on the 2015 Design Suites for Autodesk manufacturing, architecture, engineering and construction, infrastructure and oil and gas industry customers.
Cloud Services Just a Click Away
Customers in the architecture, engineering, and construction, and infrastructure markets can expect to experience significant productivity improvements through one-click access to BIM 360, cloud-based building information modeling (BIM) software for collaboration and management of construction projects. Autodesk InfraWorks 360, which offers civil engineers additional cloud services for collaboration and analysis at the early stages of infrastructure design, includes an updated UI, support for more data formats, enhancements to Roadway Design for InfraWorks 360 and a new application Bridge Design for InfraWorks 360. The Design Suites for these fields also feature full integration of the Autodesk 360 Rendering service, which uses the virtually infinite computing power of the cloud to create high-resolution renderings efficiently.
Manufacturing industry customers will now have easy access to new offerings such as Process Analysis 360, a cloud-based service that shall help engineers and system designers in modelling, studying, and optimizing manufacturing processes. This accessibility – combined with other feature enhancements and refinements –obliterates the barriers to entry so that everyone can design and engineer great products.
Rajiv Bajaj, Head – Manufacturing, at Autodesk India said, “Autodesk 2015 Product Design Suite and Factory Design Suite provide designers and engineers with a complete set of tools and cloud services that allow them to simplify design, visualization and simulation workflows from product development through to delivery. By offering solutions that are scalable, cost effective and open, our customers have the opportunity to design, manufacture and sell great products.”
“We have integrated the strengths of superior Building Information Modeling (BIM) desktop software with new cloud, mobile software to dramatically improve the future of building,” said Sunil MK, Head – Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC), Autodesk India. “Autodesk 2015 Infrastructure Design Suite and Building Design Suite shall empower designers, architects and engineers with technology for greater productivity, improved collaboration, and more complete, better integrated BIM workflows to help them unleash their vision of a better, more sustainable world.”
Alok Sharma, Head – Media & Entertainment at Autodesk India, said, “Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2015 and Flame Premium 2015 is one of our strongest releases, wherein the new versions put more creative power into the hands of artists. We have redesigned core parts of our applications focusing on performance, ease-of-use and innovative new tools like Bifrost that make it simpler to do complex tasks. Whether our users are creating visual effects for a blockbuster movie, a high-end game for one of the new consoles or developing a mobile app, the 2015 versions allow artists to focus on what they do best – storytelling.”
It’s Never Been Easier to Access Autodesk Software
Autodesk Subscription offers the most convenient, modern, and flexible way for customers to purchase and access the software and services that is required to grow their business. It also provides new purchasing options that enable customers to choose the plan that best fits their current project needs and budget.
Autodesk Subscription customers gain access to the latest Autodesk software releases and cloud services, technical support, and flexible licensing rights from the following options:
Maintenance Subscription is the most cost effective way to maintain and maximize long-term investment in purchased Autodesk software and services.
Desktop Subscription offers pay-as-you-go plans. Customers can choose from monthly, quarterly, and annual options for using Autodesk Design and Creation Suites and select software products.
Cloud Service Subscription can have a dramatic effect on the way customers work. A broad selection of cloud-based services offer access to virtually infinite cloud computing power that significantly reduces visualization and simulation processing times and frees up desktop resources for greater productivity, mobility and collaboration.
Autodesk 2015 Design Suites will become available starting March 28, 2014. Availability varies by country. See details and purchasing options at www.autodesk.com/subcription
Autodesk helps people imagine, design and create a better world. Everyone–from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists–uses Autodesk software to unlock their creativity and solve important challenges. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, BIM 360 and Civil 3D are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2014 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
“Autodesk solutions have given us an exceptionally improved development process and have enabled us to implement all the product design activities on the Autodesk Product Design Suite.”
– Rajiv Gandhi, Director VULCAN
“We are excited with the implementation of Autodesk Factory Design Suite, this tool will help us in planning and visualizing the paint-booth layouts to identify the potential problems during the planning stage itself. This will help us optimize our resources and provide better service to our customers.” - Mr. Hemant Makwana, Director, Taikisha Engineering India Ltd