Audi, BMW, Dräger, Microsoft to Keynote at Aras ACE Europe Conference
ANDOVER, MA, USA, and MUNICH, Germany, Oct 31, 2018 – Aras, the leader in open product lifecycle management (PLM) software for the enterprise, today announced that Audi, BMW Group, Dräger, and Microsoft will keynote ACE Europe 2018, November 6-7 in Hamburg, Germany. The annual Aras user conference brings together engineering, manufacturing, and IT teams across aerospace & defense, automotive, high tech electronics, medical device, and other industries to share best practices and drive enterprise innovation.
Aras’ 2018 conference focuses on the, “Fast Track to Digital Transformation,” spotlighting strategies and customer examples of business transformation. Key topics include Digital Thread, Digital Twin, bimodal PLM, requirements engineering, maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) and simulation process and data management (SPDM).
“The digital era is driving manufacturers to pursue digital transformation initiatives that result in new product processes, improved efficiency, and ultimately a more competitive enterprise. ACE Europe is the top venue for manufacturers to exchange ideas as a community and explore the technology the industry requires to drive product innovation forward,” said Andreas Mueller, SVP European Operations.
Notable keynote presentations include:
- Audi – Challenges of OEM Corporate IT on the Way from Supporter to Enabler:
New technologies like electrification and automated driving are changing the automotive business. These changes cause several challenges as the organization becomes data-driven by a large amount of data produced and by the strong need to utilize that data. Audi will discuss how corporate IT needs to find answers and strategies to manage these challenges from the perspective of technology and user-enablement.
- BMW Group – Verification Management Powered by a Flexible Product Platform:Before a vehicle hits the road, several regulatory requirements need to be addressed. Verification data and process management are of significant importance for automotive OEMs. BMW will show their approach to test and verification management based on the Aras PLM Platform.
- Dräger – Competitive Advantage and Future Success by a Central PLM System:Dräger faced difficulties due to the growing complexity of the Dräger product portfolio. Therefore, they decided to implement a new PLM system globally and across all departments. Dräger will provide insights about the anticipated benefits of the Aras PLM Platform and the currently running transition program at Dräger.
- Microsoft: Extending Aras to Azure, Azure Data Lake and PowerBI:
The move to the cloud is accelerating and the demand for the right information is continuously increasing. Microsoft will share their journey with Aras to improve the scalability and efficiency of several cloud solutions, including Azure and PowerBI.
- When: November 6-7, 2018
- Where: Grand Elysee Hamburg, Rothenbaumchaussee 10, Hamburg 20148
- Details & Registration: www.aras.com/ace2018europe
Aras enables the world’s leading manufacturers of complex, connected products to transform their product lifecycle processes and gain a competitive edge. Aras’ open, flexible, scalable, and upgradable PLM platform and applications connect users in all disciplines and functions to critical product information and processes across the extended enterprise. Aras customers include Airbus, BAE Systems, GE, GM, Hitachi, Honda, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, and Microsoft. For more information, visit www.aras.com and follow us on Twitter @aras_plm and LinkedIn.