Askar Microns to display indigenously developed CNC machines at IMTEX 2015
ASKAR Microns (P) Ltd, a member of the ASKAR Group, located at Mysuru 140 Km from the capital city of Karnataka, Bengaluru, will be displaying the following machines at the biggest Indian Machine Tool Show – IMTEX 2015 from Jan 22-Jan28, 2015.
CNC SLANT BED MACHINE OF 3000 mm ABC MODEL: SPINNER 25 / 3000 mm
For the first time in India, a wholly-owned Indian company has indigenously designed, developed and produced a heavy-duty true slant bed (30˚) CNC Lathe for the Indian Railways. The machine was developed without any technology collaboration or foreign tie up, true to the word of ‘MAKE IN INDIA’. All these years the heavy railway axle shaft & wheel shafts used by the Indian Railways, were being produced on machines imported from Germany or South Korea. ASKAR took up the challenge from the railways to develop a sturdy suitable machine in India. And today, ASKAR is proud supplier of the machine to different railway workshops. The machine has already proved its mettle at the Railway Workshops across the country and the shaft production has started successfully. The Spinner 25 / 3000 mm machine is built with a heavy duty single piece casting. The complete machine structure is optimally designed using FEM. The base, saddle and cross slide have been optimally provided with supporting ribs with sufficient wall thickness to provide very high rigidity to the machine during heavy cutting loads and high depth of cut expected from such super heavy duty machines. The machines have been tested for accuracy and precision by the esteemed CMTI, a Government of India body, which is the approved certifying authority of the machine tool industry. The machine has also gone through the stringent inspection and quality approval of the RITES inspection team. After having gone through the rigours of continuous testing and field trials at the different railway workshops, ASKAR is now proud to display this true ‘MADE IN INDIA’ machine to Indian customers and demonstrate to the world that Indian entrepreneurs and engineers are as good as the best anywhere in the world.
FLAT BED CNC LATHE of 2000 mm ABC with LINEAR MOTION GUIDEWAYS : SPIN FLAT 2000 ABC
ASKAR, over the past 5 years, to meet German international standards in Machine tools. Spin Flat , the Flat bed CNC lathe with LM Guides for both X and Z axes movements, has gone through 3 versions and has now stabilized in the market. The machine has been through the rigours of the workshop atmosphere and come up as a winner. The whole concept of building the Flat Bed machine with LM Guide is unique. ASKAR has gone through an acid test to prove the worthiness of the machine concept and has successfully harnessed all the criticism and feedback from the customers to finally launch this product as a true EXPORT machine. Some of the unique features of this machine are :
- Rigidity of cutting shafts both large in diameter and length. Shafts length of 1000 mm to 3000 mm have already been proven.
- Large dia Hollow tube boring upto 1000 mm with special anti-vibration boring bars have also been proven.
- The machine is suitable for multiple industrial applications like Hydraulics, Automobile, packaging, Aeronautics, Railways etc where large heavy components have to be machined with consistent tolerance / accuracy.
- The machine enclosures are provided with LM Guideways for frictionless movement of the ‘Heavy Doors’. This eases the fatigue of the operator and enhances productivity. Both the doors and the CNC mounted panel move on the LM Guideways.
- The space availability in the machine allows the operator to load and unload heavy components using overhead cranes. Visibility during loading is not obstructed by the TURRET as the turret has been mounted towards the non-operator side.
Many more features like the above (implemented from the market feedback in the last 5 years) has made the ‘SPIN FLAT’ an out-and-out winner with an international product appeal. The machine being displayed at the IMTEX is the machine scheduled for EXPORT.