ARES Commander VOICENOTE
Learn about adding your voice in CAD Drawing.
Let your drawing communicate on your behalf.
Record and play Audio Notes in drawing file
ARES Commander has a beautiful feature of recording your voice with drawing file. You can attach a voice note with drawing entity or somewhere in drawing file. A symbol appears to display the location of Voice Note.
This option is available in Drafting and Annotation workspace > Annotate tab > Markuppanel > Insert / Edit VoiceNote.
or Classic Default workspace > Insert Menu bar > VoiceNote
Below is the sequence for executing the command: Voice Note
- You can execute the Voice Note tool from the following location within ARES
Ribbon Tab: Drafting and Annotation workspace > Annotate tab > Markup panel > Or alternatively type VOICENOTE (Alias VNOTE) on the command line.
- Now you should specify the location for VOICENOTE in the drawing file. As soon as you specify the location the below dialog box will appear:
The dialog box will have following buttons:
- Record: You can start recording your voice.
- Play: You can play the recorded voice.
- You can pause the recording / play of voice.
- End: You can end the recording or playing.
- Select audio device: This ellipse button you can select the audio input / output device.
- A text box: You can specify the note in the box.
- Audio duration display: Displays the duration of voice note.
- A voice modulation bar will display the voice pitch during recording and play.
3.Once a voice note is entered, select the OK button to finish the command.
4. The Block containing the VoiceNote
inserts at the specified location.
Reason I like this feature:
-: VOICENOTE feature lets you communicate the way you wanted to design. Whatever you have in mind at the time of designing you can feed as voice note. You can choose your local language for explaining the design. VoiceNotes are not limited in size.
Reason I think it can improve the experience of the users:
-: This feature will definitively increase your productivity in following cases:
- No need to worry about design explanation.
- You can add number of voice notes in drawing.
- It saves along with the drawing file, no extra file.
- Any one opening the drawing after long time will not have problem in understanding the design.
- You can use your local language to explain the design for shop floor / construction site.
I am sure you will find this tool very useful. Feel free to post your experience and queries.
You can download the ARES Commander edition fromhttp://www.graebert.com/download/ares-commander-edition
Guest post, Author: Amit Kumar
I am working as a Specification Writer in a CAD software development company Graebert GmbH. I am a graduate Mechanical Engineer from Delhi College of Engineering, University of Delhi, India followed by double MBA in Operations and International Marketing. I am using CAD software since 1997. I occasionally write for CAD tips and tricks. I am AutoCAD 2013 certified professional.