ARES Commander Command Window
Command window is the place from where we communicate with application. We give input and application returns messages, indications, or warnings. Command window is by default available at bottom part of graphical area. You can control the display and location of this window. In this blog we will learn how to do this.
The dockable, resizable command window accepts commands and system variables and displays prompts that help you complete a command sequence (including commands that were initiated at another location such as the ribbon).
Location of command window:
What you should know about command window:
- You can control the display of command window, We have two ways to do it:
- By command:
- Command “COMMANDWINDOW” – will display the command window if it is not displayed.
- Command “HIDECOMMANDWINDOW” – will hide the command window when command window is visible.
- By Ctrl function:
- User can use “Ctrl + 9” to toggle the display of Command Window. You will get to see this message
- By command:
- You can drag the command window and keep it floating anywhere in the working area. We have two ways to do it:
- By dragging:
- You can drag the command window by pressing the left click on the upper area of command window and place it required location and release the left click.
- By double clicking:
- You can double click on the upper side of command window; it will toggle the command window position from its original position and in drawing area.
- By dragging:
- You can resize the command window
What we can do from command window:
- Issue commands at the command prompt
- Specify points and values and select entities
- Confirm the selection or input steps
- Receive messages, indications, or warnings
Reason I like this feature:
-: Closing command window lets user have more area for the working and viewing the drawing. Many times user wants to see the details of the drawing then they use only PAN and ZOOM feature. User can always use the command just by typing in keyboard. Best part is all command works even when command window is not visible but user has to memorize the command with options.
Reason I think it can improve the experience of the users:
-: This feature will definitively increase user’s productivity
- By having more working area
- Provides bigger view to view and inspect the drawing
- By placing the command window at you convenient place
- By resizing the command window
I am sure you will find these tips very useful. Feel free to post your experience and queries.
You can download the ARES Commander edition from http://www.graebert.com/en/index.php?option=com_productselect&view=downloads
ARES Commander is a product from Graebert GmbH. Graebert GmbH is a leading developer of custom CAD software, solutions and services and has over 30 years of technology expertise…
Guest Post, Author: Amit Kumar
Mr. Amit is working as a Specification Writer in a CAD software development company Graebert GmbH. He is graduate Mechanical Engineer from Delhi College of Engineering, University of Delhi, India followed by double MBA in Operations and International Marketing. He is using CAD software since 1997 and occasionally write for CAD tips and tricks. He is AutoCAD 2013 certified professional.