ARES Commander Clean – Discarding Unused References
ARES Commander’s Clean command removes unused references from the drawing. You can remove Block definitions, EntityGroups, Layers, defined drafting styles (such as LineStyles, TextStyles, DimensionStyles, and RichLineStyles), and other references as long as they are not referenced by other definitions or entities in the drawing file. You can apply the command to all component types or to selected ones. Discarding unused references can reduce a drawing’s file size. This command is useful before archiving or backing up drawings. The Clean command does not remove defined views or coordinate systems because they are never referenced by another component of the drawing. You cannot discard:
- Layer 0 (there must be at least one layer in the drawing)
- The LineStyles “Continuous”, “ByLayer”, and “ByBlock”
- The TextStyle “Standard”
- The TableStyle “Standard”
- The RichLineStyle “Standard”
- Layers that contain drawing entities
- LineStyles, TextStyles, TableStyles, and RichLineStyles referenced by drawing entities
- The active layer, LinesStyle, TextStyle, TableStyle, and RichLineStyle
Access Menu: Format > Clean
Command: Clean Alias: cl To discard unused references:
- Click Format > Clean (or type Clean / Cl).
In the dialog box, select Show unreferenced entities.
A plus mark will appear at Node if it has unused items. 2. Set options:
- Delete dependent entities: Removes items and subordinate items that are not referenced by other entities.
- Confirm before delete: Displays the Confirm Clean dialog box for each item to remove.
Click Delete to discard the selected items. – or – Click Delete All to discard all unused items If you select Show referenced entities the it displays all used items will appears in node.
NOTE: To remove defined views, use the Views command. To remove defined coordinate systems use the CCS or CSStyle commands. Reason I like this feature: -: Many times user creates layers and various styles and later they are left unused. It is difficult for any user to search for all unused layers, blocks and styles. Running this command does a perfect cleaning of unused items. Reason I think it can improve the experience of the users: -: This feature will definitively very helpful in following ways
- All unused items are deleted
- It takes confirmation for deletion
- It reduced the file size
I am sure you will this effectively now. Feel free to post your experience and queries. You can download the ARES Commander edition from http://www.graebert.com/en/index.php?option=com_productselect&view=downloads
ARES Commander is a product from Graebert GmbH. Graebert GmbH is a leading developer of custom CAD software, solutions and services and has over 30 years of technology expertise…
Guest Post, Author: Amit Kumar
Mr. Amit is working as a Specification Writer in a CAD software development company Graebert GmbH. He is graduate Mechanical Engineer from Delhi College of Engineering, University of Delhi, India followed by double MBA in Operations and International Marketing. He is using CAD software since 1997 and occasionally write for CAD tips and tricks. He is AutoCAD 2013 certified professional.