ANSYS Reports First Quarter 2015 Revenue and Earnings Results
- GAAP revenue of $217.8 million and non-GAAP revenue of $218.4 million
- GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.61 and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.77
- Operating cash flows of $114.1 million
- GAAP operating profit margin of 36.8% and non-GAAP operating profit margin of 47.3%
- Record high deferred revenue & backlog of $477.5 million at March 31, 2015
- Repurchase of 1.5 million shares in the first quarter at an average price of $83.38 per share
- Annual Meeting of Stockholders on May 14, 2015 and 2015 Investor Day on June 2, 2015
PITTSBURGH, May 6, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — ANSYS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANSS), today announced growth in both revenue and diluted earnings per share for the first quarter of 2015. The Company reported revenue growth of 8% in constant currency and GAAP and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.61 and $0.77, respectively, for the quarter. Recurring revenue, which is comprised of lease license and annual maintenance revenue, totaled 76% of revenue for the first quarter.
“Our Q1 results reflect most major metrics of the business performing in line with our Q1 guidance range, highlighted by solid margins and cash flows from operations, as well as a record deferred revenue and backlog balance of over $477 million. We saw solid execution in North America and Asia-Pacific with 11% and 9% revenue growth in constant currency, respectively. As expected, we continued to be negatively impacted in Europe by the combination of the uncertain macroeconomic environment, stiff currency headwinds and slower than planned sales capacity expansion, with revenue growth year-over-year of 5% in constant currency,” commented Jim Cashman, ANSYS President and Chief Executive Officer. “During the quarter, we continued to make important progress on sales hiring in most geographies and on our product portfolio. With the release of ANSYS® 16.0 in Q1, we have significantly extended the ease-of-use and scalability of our world-class engineering simulation platform. These remain key areas of focus as we continue to drive our long-term growth opportunity with ongoing investments in customer engagement and research and development initiatives.”
ANSYS’ first quarter financial results are presented below. The 2015 and 2014 non-GAAP results exclude the income statement effects of acquisition adjustments to deferred revenue, the impact of stock-based compensation and acquisition-related amortization of intangible assets, as well as acquisition-related transaction costs.